Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Substitute TeacherToday at 6:55 amAyato HyuugaKintsugi is hereToday at 5:39 amHanzo UchihaA new man Today at 5:37 amHanzo UchihaThe first few steps in Today at 5:36 amHanzo UchihaThe wolf and the lambToday at 5:34 amHanzo UchihaMay the gods bless the broken roadToday at 5:33 amHanzo UchihaShinji's Brazen ArrivalToday at 5:28 amHanzo UchihaMeeting under the moonToday at 4:56 amHanzo UchihaA Solemn Meeting [Junko]Today at 4:55 amHanzo UchihaLearning The RopesToday at 3:59 amAizen Chinoike
Top posting users this month
158 Posts - 22%
139 Posts - 19%
86 Posts - 12%
70 Posts - 10%
56 Posts - 8%
52 Posts - 7%
51 Posts - 7%
38 Posts - 5%
38 Posts - 5%
34 Posts - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Mar Byrd
Mar Byrd
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 29000

A fashion storm Empty A fashion storm

Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:41 pm
http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/t42160-stickpocket-d-rank

A storm had picked up during Mar’s short stay at a small town due to his train departure being delayed. While there were only the tiniest droplets of water in the air the entire place was in full raining sideways mode. A tree branch flew over his head while he came back into town from the woods. As well as several bits of a hen house still laden with clucking chickens. “God I should really get inside.” He speaks quietly to himself. 

Every building in this two horse town looked identical under the dark cloud cover. It didn't help that it was very late. He had to use the wall walking technique to keep himself adhered to the ground. Holding instead onto his jacket to keep it from soaring off into the distance. He’d worked hard for his pocket money. Worriedly bottoming back up an internal pocket with his life’s savings. 

During this, he got struck in the head with a leather sack filled with Rio coins. “Damn it!” He cursed. Snatching it up and gathering up several valuable ruo pieces. Looking around for the source he saw a miserly man stubbornly taking down a banner from a recent fall festival. Winding a winch that held it up like a flag. He waved the money sack. “Sir, you got to get out of here!” He bellowed, his voice not even noticed thanks to the wind.

A couple of roof tiles snapped off and barreled directly to the unaware man’s head from behind. Throwing his chakra into the gate of opening Mar sprinted in a flash to gather them all up. Imbedding them into the ground. “Sonnie you got to get out of here! I can’t close up until all the decorations are down or my manager will have my head.” 

Mar rolled his eyes. “Stand back.” He suggested, wanting the man out of the debris feild. He reached to the wench before finding it jammed. “Great.” His hands came together and he spat out a great fireball. Struggleing against the wind but obeying his will it barely made contact with the banner which was incinerated to ash. “What in the holy?!” Thinking fast Mar took out an empty bottle of sake in an instant. As well as a match which instantly un-lit itself. “Circus trick. Now let’s close up.”

As they closed the front door the older man almost collapsed from exhaustion but Mar was quick to give him a supporting arm. “You get storms like this often?” He asked, the retail worker nodded. Despite the towns small size it really did seem like they were prepared. All the windows were twice battened down and indoors it almost seemed like there was no chaos going on outside. Before the man had recovered Mar dropped the sack in the ground. Causing coins to scatter on the floor.

“Oh good, I thought I just went and lost that. The entire days earnings. Kind of short, due to stopping early and all. But my most important responsibility.” Mar allowed the gentleman to scoop it all up. Glad that his deception had gone unnoticed. He sighed softly with relief as the associate slipped off to a safe to stow it away safely. “What do you sell here anyways?” He asked, looking around.

His hand brushed against various suits, but also accessories. Monocles, watch chains, shoes. “We’re a tailor, and for most of the week. A haberdashery. Also finding some bawbles to add to any perspective gentleman’s wardrobe. But the hat maker is no doubt ducking in cover. We’re still technically open if you wanted to do a spell of shopping while you’re in. I won’t kick you out, customers come first in Toro’s Men’s Wear.” Mar nodded, it was a decent sales pitch and he was a captive audience.

With the shop all to himself he had a good gander around. Suprised to find himself looking in the plus sized section. Thought he could have pulled off a small all his life he’d been bumped up to a large by his recent work out routine. “Could I have something here fitted.” “Of course, everything. I could resize the coat on your back if you wanted to pick it back up next morning.” Mad considered this. “Maby… Got anything a little more practical?”

He was shown to a lot of small, special features. “This one here comes sewn with all the extra pockets you could ever want. Thirteen as a matter of fact. Though it does make it awful warm, it also makes it far more hearty. On the same vein. This one is knitted with a special magic sleeve. Plenty of space for easy access with prestidigitation. Pays for itself in two days at the card table. But Uh, just between you and me. Less is more when it comes to those kind of advantages.”

“This shoe has the genuine formal design for a ballroom tap shoe. Here try it on.” Mark slipped it on and was surprised. “Wow, it’s a really good fit. And they’re more flexible than these kind of leather shoes you’d find elsewhere.” “Indeed. They’ve got an aluminum toe and are made from special materials you can only harvest from the wind country. They’ll last longer than you. A good find.” Mar nodded his head agreeably.

“And this is a top hat trimmed with feathers sold by the Valks Of Ventus in the fire nation. Beautiful and highly durable. Notably it’s pretty much fireproof but I’d not go and test that or anything. Might be of interest to you with all your corcus parlor tricks.” “You know your customer sir, I’ll take it all. I want the shot in a blue colour kinda like what I got now. With all the pockets you can manage. I’m a size nine for the shoe. But that pair already would fit me right as rain. And I’ve got to go with the hat. The Valks of Ventus are good friends of mine you know.” He bragged, the teller nodded. Half listening as he wrote up a receipt. “It’s on clearance so we can bring in the holiday ware. Take 20% off.” He offered, a subtle reward for scooping him up from outside during a bad situation.

When the storm died down enough for Mar to make a break back to his in. He called out. “Thanks old man!” Feeling like a million bucks in his cheap new wardrobe. The clothes make the man and he took some pride in the new. Strong character that he’d been displaying recently. The outside change reflecting his interior growth.

(1,102 words. +3 strength. +3 AP. 1,100 ryo.)
Alister Yama
Alister Yama
Missing-Nin (D-rank)
Missing-Nin (D-rank)
Stat Page : https://www.narutoroleplaygame.com/t57215-alister-the-voice-yamaguchi
Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 0

A fashion storm Empty Re: A fashion storm

Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:25 pm
Approved
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum