Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Kintsugi is hereToday at 5:39 pmHanzo UchihaA new man Today at 5:37 pmHanzo UchihaThe first few steps in Today at 5:36 pmHanzo UchihaThe wolf and the lambToday at 5:34 pmHanzo UchihaMay the gods bless the broken roadToday at 5:33 pmHanzo UchihaShinji's Brazen ArrivalToday at 5:28 pmHanzo UchihaMeeting under the moonToday at 4:56 pmHanzo UchihaA Solemn Meeting [Junko]Today at 4:55 pmHanzo UchihaLearning The RopesToday at 3:59 pmAizen ChinoikeTalk With The ChiefToday at 2:30 pmJunko Tsukiko
Top posting users this month
178 Posts - 24%
132 Posts - 18%
95 Posts - 13%
70 Posts - 9%
56 Posts - 7%
54 Posts - 7%
52 Posts - 7%
41 Posts - 5%
38 Posts - 5%
34 Posts - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen
Stat Page : Duncan Crawford's Stats
Remove Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Kumogakure
Ryo : 500

Forging a Bond with a Smith Empty Forging a Bond with a Smith

Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:01 am
Sugimoto. The name was clear in the mind of Max, as he spoke out openly in support. He was willing to face the consequences of treason in support of his beliefs. Kumogakure needed people like that, people with clear direction, heart, and drive to do what is right for the land no matter the risk. There was honestly much to be done in a short period of time, and the Little Conqueror fully intended to use the time wisely with people in support of his cause. 

A simple letter would be delivered to the orphanage, a shinobi wearing armor and armed with various weaponry would stand outside the building and wait for the young man to wake. Mother Abigail offered to relieve the messenger so that he could return to his other duties, but the man refused. "I am under strict orders. Only Sugimoto himself may receive this ordinance. My apologies, ma'am." 

She didn't seem particularly thrilled about it, but such may simply be because an armed soldier may scare the kids. It would take some time, but hopefully those children can grow to see the Raikage's soldiers as a force of good in this world and know that they need not be feared by his subjects. 

Max himself was already at the cemetery this morning, waiting for those summoned to meet him to discuss various topics. While it wasn't as normal as meeting in the Raikage's Chambers, Max was getting work done on the door to avoid it squeaking when opened, and he still felt more at home here than anywhere else in the village.  

Note:
Tanjiro Nazar
Tanjiro Nazar
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 500

Forging a Bond with a Smith Empty Re: Forging a Bond with a Smith

Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:11 am
At first this day seemed just like just like any other day in the village of Kumo, but just one day prior everything changed. Max, the shinobi who help Sugimoto when he first made his way into Kumo, ended up coming back and fighting Kyson for leadership. Sugimoto put his lot in with the other young shinobi, even though it did put him at risk of becoming a “traitor” to Kumo. Deep down, Sugimoto felt that the true traitors were all the people who let his ancient homeland fall too become this land of taint, corruption and death. Sugimoto didn't even realize how much resentment he was building up inside him about this problem until he heard Max’s words from that stage.

The way the young shinobi talked about the same problems Sugimoto could see through out the village made him feel like he stood with common ground in sync with the other ninja’s ideals. Young, Max may be, he seemed like he was smart enough to articulate the major problems that if left unchanged, would lead to the inevitable downfall of the Kumo empire. Sugimoto favorite part was how Max talked about how he was going to remove the taint and corruption from the village left by their old Raikage. He believed that the young shinobi truly could make Kumo great again, so that why he threw his lot in with Max even tho he knew the risks.

Sugimoto was laying down in his bed just contemplating the events of the day prior. He was trying to digest all the monumental moments that could and have changed his life forever. He was working threw how he could possibly justify taking such a big risk, it seemed more like a emotion response then a logical one. With all the shit he has on his mind and soul, he could see that it was just a spur of the moment type of thing. Sugimoto had no idea how much his emotions have been clouding his perception as of late. It did not help that he may still be living under a roof with someone in the clan that killed his parents! His investigation into the Hoshinori clan turned up nothing conclusive but that still did not exonerate Mother Abigail until he could see that sword again.

These and other similar thoughts ran through Sugimoto’s mind until one of the orphan kids would pull on his shirt to get his attention. Sugimoto being pulled away from his thoughts by the sudden jerk, would look over to the kid who was trying to get his attention. It seemed Sugimoto did not recognize this one, she must be new. So in as nice of a tone as he could muster Sugimoto would ask “Hello, what can I help you with?” The girl looked shy and seemed to take a little bit of time and put her words together. Eventually she would slowly explain “Mother Abigail told me to tell you that there is someone outside looking for you.” Sugimoto knew this would happen sooner or later, the new Raikage was looking to talk to him. He would pat the little orphan girl on the head and thank her for the information, he would then get up and head out of the building to see who was here for him.

On his way out he would walk by Mother Abigail, she seemed like she was concerned but oddly said nothing and just passed him by. Sugimoto did not give it much thought as he made it out the front door, there stood a shinobi just out in front of the orphanage. Upon seeing the young man the shinobi would ask “Are you the ninja Sugimoto? Sugimoto would nod and give a simple “yes” as his response. The other shinobi would then give his message “The new Raikage wishes to see you at his hut in the graveyard.” Sugimoto would think to himself that living at the graveyard is kinda odd but ok. Sugimoto would nod and tell the shinobi he would make his way as soon as he could. The other shinobi would give him a slight bow and then vanish. Sugimoto would head back into the orphanage to grab his things, Mother Abigail would stop him on his way back and try to start up a conversation.

“So Sugimoto, what was that about? Another mission?” Sugimoto was wondering what her aim was, but he thought he could use this an a opportunity to slip in some true but baited information. “Well when the new Raikage Max was challenging Kumo for leadership, I gave him my vocal support. So he might be wanting to thank me for that.” Her eyes widened at the story and would say in a slightly concerned but yet relieved tone “Well, I happy your bet ended up with some good rolls. Otherwise it may have been you head rolling instead.” At that some of the orphan kids would run around a corner screaming about something or other and she had to chase after them. Sugimoto would continue he way to his room and gear up, maybe if the Hoshinori clan thought he had the Raikage backing him, they would be less likely to just kill him outright.

After Sugimoto managed to throw on his full shinobi outfit, he would rush out of the orphanage and make his way to the graveyard. It was weird that was living in the graveyard, especially when the Raikage has a perfectly nice palace. But it did not take long for Sugimoto to get there since most people avoid the place. Max was working on his cabins front door, he seemed to be struggling a little reaching the higher door hinge. Sugimoto would walk over and say “Good morning Raikage. You wanted to see me?” Once getting his attention the door would slip a little, So sugimoto would rush over and catch the door before it fell over. “Here let me help you with this Raikage. I have some experience fixing things let me give it a try. So Sugimoto would work on the door as the Raikage talked to him. Most of Sugimoto’s attention will be on what the new Raikage was saying to him, while he would let his muscle memory and his years of experience handle fixing the door hinges.                  

WC 1060
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:31 pm
Max would accept the offer of help from the older boy as they would lift the door and set it down properly on the hinge. Max was dressed in his normal attire of baggy clothing and his blue cloak, not wearing the yellow hat signifying his status as Raikage. Such felt too formal, and this wasn’t as much a formal meeting as it was a greeting of an old acquaintance. Not to mention that it is not very subtle and bring a lot of attention to the boy. He didn’t want this meeting to be interrupted by others, as it would only take away from him getting to know his shinobi one on one.

“Good morning to you as well, Sugimoto. I can see that you have grown a great deal since I last saw you, your chakra presence has grown a great deal stronger. I could feel you coming before you got here, as could anyone else capable of sensing chakra. Something to keep in mind for the future.” The boy would say with a light smile. Now that the shack door was fixed he would go in and pull out two stools, one for Sugimoto and one for himself. “I called you here because of the things you said yesterday, and the weight that such a thing carries. You said that you support my ruling, and I truly do appreciate your faith in me.” Max would offer Sugi a handshake, the left hand being the only one he has to do so. It was sickly and pale, but still held together well.

Regardless of whether or not the boy wanted to shake Max’s hand, he would suggest they sit down to discuss matters. “You told nobody of this meeting, correct?” Max would ask. It wasn’t that this meeting had to actually be a secret, but Max was testing the waters to see if the shinobi was able to follow the orders given, even if they seemed without meaning.

“I wish to ask your help, though what I will be asking isn’t for the squeamish. There are things left here from my predecessors that need be removed, and I am informed that you are a craftsman of some talent, though unrefined. We need to build many canals, each below the water level in order to remove the death and plague filled swamp around Kumogakure. And that doesn’t begin to touch on those poor souls left to suffer on the spikes, nor the rot monsters that roam our lands.” Max would shake his head, the thoughts of all the horrors he had to clean up after bringing a bad taste to his mouth. “Would you lend me your support again in completing these tasks?”

And then Max would bring up the question that he wasn’t sure how to address. Something he didn’t like to talk about, yet knew that it needed to be. “So, what do you know about the man taking our outposts?” Max would listen to what Sugi replied with before adding anything else to the conversation.
Tanjiro Nazar
Tanjiro Nazar
Citizen

Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:04 pm
The young Raikage and Sugimoto quickly fixed the squeaky cabin door, after the work was done Max would pull up two stools and offers one of them to Sugimoto. The new Raikage would offer a compliment on Sugimoto’s growth in chakra strength. He was flattered that Max took notice but did not really know how to respond. He has just been using the skills and techniques his parents taught him. So he would give the his new leader a slight bow and say “I am just doing my duty. But I do appreciate the praise.” Sugimoto would shift slightly, trying to find a comfortable position.   

The young Raikage would also give him some advice about his chakra management and how cloaking it should help keep him hidden and how it is useful . Max would then explain why he called this meeting, thanking Sugimoto for his support during his take over of Kumo. The Raikage would hold out his left hand for a handshake, it looked pale and sickly but he could give a solid handshake.

Sugimoto would think to himself for a second after the handshake, he remembered learning about that skill before.   “I believe I knew what you are referring too.” Sugimoto would then use his Chakra Suppression technique to hide his presence, he would continue to hide his chakra for a few moments so the Raikage could gauge his skill with the technique. “Is this the technique you were talking about? My parents taught me a lot of techniques that revolve around stealth and subterfuge. He would wait to see how the Raikage would take that information.

After Max’s response, the young leader would ask Sugimoto “If he told anyone of this meeting?”  Sugimoto did not realise this meeting was meant to be kept a secret. He did tell someone So does he lie or does he tell his new Raikage the truth. Sugimoto decided to go with his gut and tell the young shinobi the truth, why taint his future bond with Max over a trivial lie. “I did not know this meeting was meant to be in secret. I did end up telling mother Abigail back at the orphanage. I am sorry, I will make sure to keep things more private next time.” Sugimoto would finish this statement with a low bow. Regardless of how his new Raikage took this information Sugimoto was prepared to takes his lumps either way.

After that Max would ask for Sugimoto’s aid in cleaning up the village of Kumo. He specifically wanted his aid in draining the toxic swap that surrounded Kumo and freeing the poor souls on those sickening poles that also guarded Kumo. Sugimoto would not hesitate to agree, he hated the sight of these defences left by Kumo’s old Raikage. The swamp and the impaled people were just some of the most blatant examples of this deep seeded taint. Sugimoto wanted his clan’s ancient homeland back, the one from his father's stories. He knew someone had to step up and do the dirty work. He would think to himself “Putting those tortured souls to rest would at least be violence for a purpose.” before hardening his own will for what he knew would have to be done.

Max would ask what Sugimoto thought about the upcoming missing ninja attack. This was a subject that Sugimoto has spent many nights thinking on, he had some ideas but nothing he could do alone. Sugimoto would need a united Kumo for his plan to work, that seemed impossible until the new Raikage took over. Max seemed like he was trying to organize the village into some kind of defence and he was willing to use what he learned to help save his ancient homeland.

“I have been thinking alot about that and I have some ideas I would like to discuss with you. But first we should make sure we are not over heard, taking every precaution as to not have any of our plans leaked” So Sugimoto would let Max do what he needed before Sugimoto could go into his plan.  

WC 682
TWC 1742
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:53 pm
It would seem as though the young man was humble, speaking about how growing stronger was simply his duty. Such was understandable, for Sugimoto was likely a bit more formal than he needed to be since Max was now in the position of leadership. 

Max would note that the boy knew how to suppress his chakra presence, and would nod. "Yes, a very wise person once told me that one should grow accustomed to always walking around hiding your chakra. Not only is it good practice in chakra control, but it prevents you from being tracked and detected as easily by others." Max would look around, understanding that they were within the village, "Of course that was from a time that seems forever ago, when the village was a bit more dangerous to be in. Still, the lesson holds up." Max was of course referring to his older brother Senshi, of whom he held in the highest of regards.

So, it would seem as if the boy didn't read over the details of the message he was sent and told someone of the meeting. "So long as they can be trusted, it should be no matter. Still, I recommend you read everything more clearly in the future. I would hate to see a promising shinobi such as yourself fail to bring in a proper income from not succeeding in mission requirements." Max wouldn't be angry at Sugimoto, merely momentarily disappointed in his impatience. 

"Violence with a purpose, indeed" Max would add right after Sugi hinted that he was willing to help with taking down the horrors around their village. "So, you have some idea's regarding the defense measures? I welcome all ideas my people may have." Max would raise his hand, and in the blink of an eye Crawford would appear. "Crawford, please secure the area. I'll be here discussing private matters with Sugimoto. Should you find anyone trying to approach, kindly ask them to turn back." Then his eyes would shift from a soft and warm kindness to a hardened gaze, "And should anyone be caught trying to evade your searching or refusing your instruction, bring them to me." Crawford would nod and start to turn around.

"Alive, Crawford," the boy would add, to which the man would simply reply with a grin, "Of course."

"Once he is done with his rounds we can continue this discussion. So, it seems you have advanced a great deal. How do you feel you are growing? How do you see yourself compared to your peers?" The young Raikage would want honesty, but he was seeing if Sugimoto felt himself ready to try and advance. Max had plans to strengthen his forces, but it would require one to be willing to participate.
Tanjiro Nazar
Tanjiro Nazar
Citizen

Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:43 am
The New Raikage asked him to evaluate himself while comparing his owns skills to that of the other shinobis. Sugimoto took some time to mul over the ideas before responding, he wanted to make sure he was honest with his answers yet not deprecating to his fellow shinobi. Once his thoughts were put together he would answer the new Raikage's question. “I think there are some major weaknesses I have. The biggest one is my real lack of life or death fighting experience. Most of the life or death situations I have come across since becoming a Kumo shinobi have been with no skilled raiders and bandits. Nothing I would consider truly life threatening, but with this upcoming attack I feel like I may be the new small fish in this ocean like world. That is where I think my skills are lacking.” He was hoping the Raikage would not view him as less than for this admission but it was too late now o he thought he would continue.  
“Plus do to the lack of this fighting experience I have yet to devise my own kind of fighting style. I know some basic fighting techniques but nothing special. I am starting to practice the sword but I have yet developed much skill yet.”

Sugimoto would continue, this time talking about the things he does have a skill set of. “As for things I can do, I can be a support for the battle. As a fuinjutsu user I have a lot of jutsu’s that can strengthen our forces. I can use Chakra Barrier to strengthen their defenses so they can survive hardier blows. Plus I can add Chakra Storage on our shinobi to help them keep fighting longer. But the main thing I can do is use my Telepathy Seal to build a communication network. We could use this to coordinate our efforts without revealing our plans. So If I had to sum up my skill set right now, I would say I am a support specialist. I also can use my Five Seal Barrier to set of defensive locations. I also have an ability that if the enemy tries to get through my barriers a copy of them will fight them. These are my main skills I can offer.” Sugimoto would give Max a chance to digest all the information before getting to the next question.

“Now for where I believe I stand amongst my peers, I think that in regards to combat I may be lower than most. I believe that I could defeat Okami and Jiro but Hato would be tough. Your duel with Kyson showed me that I was incapable of even perceiving skill of that level. So I still need a lot of training but I hope I can learn enough to be of value.” Sugimoto would bow to his new Raikage and wait to see his reaction.   

Wc 484
TWC 2,226
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:11 pm
Sugimoto seemed to think that his greatest weakness was lack of any real life and death experience. This wasn't something that Max would desire to grant the young man, but he might be able to help him get far more combat ready and prepared for the upcoming battle. In fact, his main concerns were that he wasn't experienced enough. He likely felt as though he had no real use on a battlefield. 

"Sugimoto, I have faith that you will do fine. I intend to have a trial of sorts, between all of the Genin looking to both gain experience and seeking advancement. If you were interested, it may help you develop those skills you fear that you lack. And even if not, not everyone is meant to be in the thick of combat. Your defensive and supporting capabilities will be useful beyond measure." Max would pat Sugimoto on the shoulder, thanking him for the respect but also adding, "You do not need to be so formal. This is not really a formal meeting." The boy would suddenly be struck with recalling why he brought Sugi here. 

"I do appreciate your support of my claims, even when some others doubted me. Here," Max would say as he went inside and brought out what looked like a sack or something. "Inside is a token of my appreciation. Hopefully they will help you in your training."

Max's guard Crawford would return, interrupting them and tossing a older man to the ground and bowing quickly giving a light bow. "This man was spying on you and jotting things down on a sheet of paper." The guard would then hand a folded sheet of paper to the Raikage. Opening it up and reading would reveal that it made very little sense as most of the words scribbled were gibberish or symbols. He would hand the note to Sugimoto. Crawford would stand, hand at his sword ready to do whatever it is his lord commands. "Who are you?" Max would ask the person caught spying, "And what business do you have here?"

"Watchin' birds. Little one. It was blue." The old man would reply, his words sporadic and strange. He would smile, some of his teeth missing. "Why are YOU here?" He would ask. Crawford would immediately pipe up, "You will speak when asked to, spy."

"Does this man or that note make any sense to you? Nobody has bothered me or the cemetery all day, but then you come to this meeting and Crawford finds someone suspicious." The boys concern was clear, but his tone was not that of accusation.
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:22 pm
Due to Sugi leaving, ending thread