Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Substitute TeacherToday at 6:55 amAyato HyuugaKintsugi is hereToday at 5:39 amHanzo UchihaA new man Today at 5:37 amHanzo UchihaThe first few steps in Today at 5:36 amHanzo UchihaThe wolf and the lambToday at 5:34 amHanzo UchihaMay the gods bless the broken roadToday at 5:33 amHanzo UchihaShinji's Brazen ArrivalToday at 5:28 amHanzo UchihaMeeting under the moonToday at 4:56 amHanzo UchihaA Solemn Meeting [Junko]Today at 4:55 amHanzo UchihaLearning The RopesToday at 3:59 amAizen Chinoike
Top posting users this month
158 Posts - 22%
138 Posts - 19%
86 Posts - 12%
70 Posts - 10%
56 Posts - 8%
52 Posts - 7%
51 Posts - 7%
38 Posts - 5%
38 Posts - 5%
34 Posts - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Zyxis
Zyxis
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 600

Definitely Not A Date Empty Definitely Not A Date

Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:33 pm
It was late afternoon, about the time that the sun was setting. The weather wasn't dreary; it was quite lovely. The rays of the sun lay gently across the streets of Kumogakure as citizens bustled around, looking at different items and trying to beat the lunch rush of others who worked later. The city life wasn't one of craziness. It was very comforting and seemed surreal.

That same feeling matched the mood of the white-haired boy. Currently, he stared at himself in the mirror. The boy looked into his own eyes, wondering what he should wear for his not-date with Natsume. He had invited her to dinner to talk; it was pleasant when you didn't train all the time. Mainly since the reason he wanted to converse with her was directly related to it that subject.

Zyxis had a sent a note this morning, asking if she could dress up a bit. The place he wanted to take her wasn't a burger joint, nor was it a place to get ice cream. His mother had suggested that he take her out to a place that served steak, crab, sirloin, many great foods to eat. His mother had even bought him a new pair of clothes to wear out as if this was the most critical thing in the world. In his opinion, it wasn't; just something kind for a good friend.

He was worried that what his mother had got was too formal, but he would have to try it on to tell. The boy slid into a white dress shirt, adjusting it and tucking the shirt into a nice pair of dress pants. Over the dress-shirt was a solid black vest that matched his pants, and brought the whole thing together. He tied his little bow tie, finishing his attire. It wasn't bad by any means, but it may be overkill. If needed, he would remove the vest and bow.

"Zyxis!" The voice of a woman called, his mother. "Come downstairs, your father and I want to take a picture!" Zyxis had to stop himself from slapping his forehead.  He headed downstairs and frowned at them as they took a picture of him, "What are you two doing?" 

"We're taking your picture for your first ever date! We never thought it would happen!" His father said with a grin. Zyxis was disappointed in the fact that it was a proud smile. The white-haired boy shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose, "Mom, Dad. It's not a date. I'm taking a friend out to dinner. I view her as a little sister." 

Carilyn, his mother, shook her head, "Just because she's younger than you doesn't mean anything, Zyx. If you care for her, there is a possible chance that you develop romantic feelings. I did my research. Imagine, white-haired tan-skinned babies-"

"I'm gonna stop both of you right there. Mom, don't even start, I beg of you. Dad, stop being an idiot, please. I love you both, but I've got to go, so I'm not late," With those words, he disappeared from their view with only a few steps, a gust of wind the only thing to reciprocate their calls of "I love you!"

Since Zyxis didn't know where Natsume lived, he decided that they could meet in the center of town and walk together to the restaurant. He would patiently wait for her to come. He reminded himself it wasn't a date.

Zyxis just had to keep reminding himself, and he'd be fine.
Natsume
Natsume
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 9150

Definitely Not A Date Empty Re: Definitely Not A Date

Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:56 pm
Natsume did not, like some girls, have a wardrobe full of outfits for every variation of an occasion. She had never really needed any formal attire—aside from the plain black mofuku kimono that was taken out once a year on her mother's death anniversary, but that was not appropriate to wear for anything else—so Natsume had been forced to buy something. After all, her friend had asked her to dress up a bit. It would have been rude to arrive in her standard ninja attire, even if she had tried to adjust it by taking off the leggings and wire mesh top. Though she had been in and out of a shop to buy her dress in little time, it took her quite a bit of time to get ready at home. She had only ever had standard attire... and super formal... so preparing herself somewhere in between those two extremes was an odd concept. It did not help she had to do it all by herself. Kami forbid she let her father try and help her.

She arrived at the town centre a few minutes before the stated meeting time on the note. Her mustard yellow dress sat snug on her body, cinching at the waist. It hemmed just short of the floor, though Natsume took extra care to pinch the skirt and lift it slightly so no dirt would get on it. She balanced on heeled ninja boots that had been buffed clean of any scuff marks, and her hair had been carefully brushed through, braided, then pinned into an elegant bun at the nape of her neck.

She looked around and spotted his familiar white hair. "Zyxis." She waved as she approached. "What was it you wanted to discuss?"

After getting the greetings out of the way, she would follow him to whatever restaurant he lead her to. Her eyes widened as they approached the more expensive options. Sure, she had started raking in a little more money now that she was doing missions (and she did many, if only to keep the stress lines from deepening on her father's face), but she could not afford something along these lines.

She reached out for the sleeve of his dress shirt. "Zyxis, I can not afford this," she would say quite bluntly before he could lead her inside. "And I can not allow you to pay for me."
Zyxis
Zyxis
Citizen

Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:42 pm
Zyxis smiled at the younger Genin as she came into view, her white-hair a dead give away just like his own. As she came closer, his smile widened. Once she was in a speaking distance, he spoke, "You look even more beautiful than you usually do, Natsume. Shall we? We can talk once we arrive at our destination, if you don't mind, of course."

He would walk with her towards the restaurant. Even though the two dressed up in semi-formal/formal attire, not many paid attention to them as they strolled the streets. It wasn't uncommon to see someone dress up nicer, especially in town. There were many activities clothes like these had called for, it was only common sense. He was appreciative of people for not looking too much, although, how could he blame them?

As the two were about to enter the restaurant, Natsume let her concerns be known. He fought back a frown and instead replaced that feeling with a smile, "No worries, Natsu. We can go somewhere cheaper if needed. I don't mind paying for dinner here though; I've been saving up some money." Ah, she dressed up and even did her hair just for them to not go in. If this is what she wanted, Zyxis wouldn't mind. The dinner was only a pleasantry and a way to show his appreciation for her, in all honesty, he just wanted to get to learn more about her and make sure that her life was okay.

"What I wanted to talk about was you, Natsume," Zyxis would say, gently nudging her shoulder with his hand to lead them into a walking pace if they didn't enter the restaurant, "We have known each other for a while now, but I suddenly realized I don't know much about you. If you don't mind me asking, what is your family dynamic? Why did you want to become a shinobi?"
Natsume
Natsume
Citizen

Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:01 pm
She would shake her head slightly as he tried one more time to convince her that dinner at such a luxurious place was an option. Thankfully, he did not press, but she could tell he was at least a little disappointed at first.

She looked at him out of the corner of her eyes as they walked and frowned over the question. "I have a father and a younger brother. I..." "... had a mother. Not anymore." "... I guess being a ninja runs in my blood." Her gaze wandered as she spoke, half-heartedly searching for somewhere else to eat. "I had never considered anything else."

She pointed out a teppanyaki restaurant that had slightly more reasonable prices. Regardless of if Zyxis agreed and wanted to go in, she would turn the question back on him. "What about your family? And your reasons behind becoming a ninja?"
Zyxis
Zyxis
Citizen

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:15 am
Zyxis didn't spite her for not wanting to eat at the fancy restaurant. Hell, it made sure that he didn't have to pay so much money. Although, their beautiful looks shouldn't waste away tonight. Primarily for the reason of the night was young, there were still so many places they could go, so many things they could before it got too late. As they walked, Zyxis looked at her from the corner of his eyes as she answered his question. "Do you enjoy your little brother's company," He asked curiously and if she paid close attention, she could tell he said it somewhat nervously as well, "I don't have any siblings, it's just my mother, father, and me."

The white-haired boy frowned at Natsume's response for becoming a ninja, "There's nothing wrong with following family tradition, but you must have some muse and passion for picking the path of the shinobi. It's not a walk in the park. I won't get angry if you tell me to shut up, but I'm genuinely curious." His own goal was a mix of his wishes, goals, and passions all bunched up into one big ball.

Zyxis was slightly distracted as Natsume pointed out a teppanyaki restaurant. Now, the white-haired boy had never been to one of these before. He focused on the more Western-style eateries. He definitely wouldn't mind, refined cuisine could beat a good burger any day. "Let's go, Natsume. I don't mind paying, either. Give me a second before I answer that question if you don't mind." The Uchiha walked into the establishment; hopefully, Natsume trailing right behind him.

"Good afternoon, sir, ma'am," The man at the register said, "What can I help you with tonight?" Zyx cleared his throat, "Could we get a table for two please?" He nodded, "Follow me, and I'll seat you," The two sat back towards the end of the restaurant, it was quieter, and there was no chilly breeze from the door opening when new customers came inside. Zyxis pulled out a chair for her, and if she accepted it, he would push her in as well. His mother had taught him to be a gentleman at a younger age. Chivalry wasn't dead, nor did it need to die.

He sat opposite to her and smiled at her as he sat, "My ambitions for becoming a ninja? Well, I love learning and progressing through new things. There are many different fields in our culture today, but I felt the shinobi world was way more rewarding than citizen jobs. Don't get me wrong, being a doctor or lawyer would be great. It would most definitely be boring if I weren't in the profession I was today. Living a bland life doesn't fit me, nor my personality. Although, I am a bit quiet."

He chuckled a bit to himself before he went to look at the menu, "I haven't been here before. I think I'll get what you get, you have a nice form of judgment," Zyxis took a glance at the menu one again and then folded it on the table neatly. "So, being a shinobi. How difficult has it been for you so far? I seemed to catch on to it quickly, but I realized that I could've taken it slower and faced my problems more wisely."

As they sat down and got comfortable with each other, he would look down at his lap when she didn't talk and slightly tug at his collar. Had it just gotten hotter in here? Never having been to a restaurant with a girl, in such pleasant clothing, he was nervous. It was seen as ridiculous to himself as he dealt with dangerous threats on an everyday basis, but for some reason, he didn't feel confident. His cheeks flush, he slightly sweats, and he smiles awkwardly.

Everything would be fine. Zyxis wondered if deciding against writing what he should talk about on his hands was the most beneficial to him.
Natsume
Natsume
Citizen

Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:11 pm
She smiled slightly as she thought about her brother. "Sometimes." She did not follow up with any more information on that. It would be difficult to explain the dynamic that was being a sibling to somebody who never had one.

When Zyxis went to pull out a chair for her, she misunderstood it as him pulling it out for himself. She easily moved to the other side of the table and took the other seat with little fuss. Once they were both seated, she would reach for the menu, but held off on reading it as he spoke. "Is that so?" She stared at him, really taking him in. "I suppose I understand. Ninjas seem to have the entire world available to them to learn from—I envied it." She cocked her head and hid a slight smile with her menu. "I am not certain I would call you quiet, though."

Knowing he would get whatever she ordered, Natsume took the time to properly look through the menu. She had never been to the restaurant before either, though teppanyaki wasn't entirely foreign to her. Her eyes lit up as she spotted a delicacy on their menu. It was far too expensive for her to ever buy it for herself, at least normally, but Zyxis seemed to want to make a formal occasion out of this meeting. Her eyes flitted up from the menu as Zyxis spoke. "It has been... okay?" She frowned slightly as she considered her words carefully. "I do not know if I would call it difficult, but it certainly is not easy, either." She waved over the waitress, then continued on, "It just takes time and dedication."

The waitress arrived and took out a small notepad. "We would like kobe beef, to share. I will have some water." She waited for Zyxis to order his drink, then gathered their menus and handed it over to the waitress.

Natsume looked around the restaurant, shifting slightly so she could keep all the exits within her range of vision. The silence was comfortable, if not a bit unusual due to the new attire.

She looked over as a thought crossed her mind. "Ah, have you—" She abruptly stopped as she took in Zyxis' flushed cheeks and the droplet of sweat trickling from his forehead. She narrowed her eyes at him. "Are you ill, Zyxis? Should we reschedule?" She rose from her seat to lean over the table and press the back of her hand to his forehead. "You are feeling a bit warm."
Zyxis
Zyxis
Citizen

Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:28 pm
Zyxis would nod politely every time she answered his question. He felt awkward as he wasn't able to pull the chair out for her? Would his mother be disappointed if he told her that? He quickly sat down to avoid any confusion and worry from his peer. Zyxis smiled slightly once again and nodded at her answer; he didn't have much to say about it himself, his journey of being a Genin was hard enough on its own.

"Kobe beef sounds great," The white-haired male said, looking up at the waitress, "Could I get some water as well? With a lemon in it as well? Thank you." Once they ordered Natsume noted his shy behavior and took note of it. Leaning over the table to press her hand against his forehead didn't seem to make it better, it only served to make it worse. He gently moved back a bit in his chair, trying to hide the fact that his blush was even more pronounced, "I'm okay, I'm just-" Saying nervous would sound lame, he didn't want her to think different of him, "Sort of shy. I've never been to many restaurants before in my life." Nor had he been to one with a female, an attractive woman at that; he felt as if his smile was awkward. Why were killing and training easier than sitting here for a few minutes with her?

The boy would move to wipe the slight sweat that gathered at his forehead with one of his napkins, gently tucking it into his pants pockets for future use, "It's fine. Thanks for asking though. I don't know about you, but I'm excited to eat." As they waited for their food, Zyxis took a look around at the place. It seemed very cultural and welcoming, a place where he would hang out to get warm ramen when it was cold. 

Zyxis would steal looks at Natsume. He smiled slightly at her, "How were your days at the Academy? Did you have many friends?" He resisted the urge to scratch his head like he usually did when he was nervous. It wasn't the most sanitary thing to do right before eating dinner, "I usually focused on my ninja training and stuff like that. There was no time for friends back then, which is probably why I still view myself as quiet. It's different now, or else I wouldn't be here with you."

He would wait for her to respond. By the time she did the food would have arrived. As they placed the plate on the table, the charred beef made his stomach rumble. It looked delicious. They set many different vegetables on the plate with it as well, some his favorite. There were various sauces to dip it in as well. The inside wasn't too red, but it wasn't precisely well-done either. Just thinking about it made him hungry.

Zyxis took his chopsticks and broke them apart. He grasped a small slice of the beef and brought it to his mouth, placing it in and starting to chew it. He smiled, "This is excellent, Natsume. What a great choice." He took another piece and dipped it in a few sauces before piling it up with some vegetables before taking another bite. Grabbing his napkin, he dabbed at his face to make sure that no grease nor stains stayed around his mouth.

He waited for Natsume's opinion on the dish.
Natsume
Natsume
Citizen

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:44 am
Her brows continued to furrow as he wiped away the sweat and explained himself. "Then why would you want to meet at one?" She said, her face scrunching up as she tried to puzzle out his odd behaviour. She pulled back her hand nonetheless. "Perhaps next time you should suggest something that doesn't make you feel so ill?" And something that's less daunting on the wallet, mayhaps.

He steered the conversation away from that though, so, despite her concerns, she would hush up about it as well. He didn't choose the best conversation starter though. "Not really, no." Her lips curved upwards in a mockery of a smile, but the motion did not touch her eyes. "I was too ambitious for my classmates." She knew a few in her year had passed, and even out of those ones, they settled for 'good enough'. It had turned her off from them right away.

She smiled politely up at the waitress as plates of food were put before them. "Thank you." Once the waitress left, Natsume gently clapped her hands together, bowing her head slightly as she did so. "I gratefully receive this food." She picked up her chopsticks and broke them apart. During this, Zyxis had already taken two pieces of meat and some vegetables, with his personal chopsticks. Had he even said thanks? Her brows twitched. "You should really use the serving chopsticks to put the food on your plate first," she reminded him with a slight disapproving expression. She reached over and, using the fine chopsticks served with the dishes, picked up and dropped some pieces of beef along with some more vegetables on Zyxis' plate.

Once she was done serving him, she put some of the food on her plate. She put down the serving chopsticks, picked up her own, then brought a piece of beef to her mouth. The beef was so tender it practically ripped off with just the slightest resistance of her bite. She remembered to put her chopsticks down as her eyes fluttered shut and she let out a slight, blissful moan. "I've always wondered what Kobe Beef was like." She greedily finished off the rest of the piece. "It is better than I imagined."

She focused on savouring a few more bites of the meal before returning her attention to Zyxis. He had wanted to discuss something, had he not? Well, she did too. She would cut straight to the point. "Will you be participating in the exams?" They had just received notice about the first part coming up, after all.
Zyxis
Zyxis
Citizen

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:01 am
Zyxis nodded as she helped him prepare for dinner more appropriately. It was slightly embarrassing, but she was a friend, so it was less blush-inducing than if he went on a blind not-date. The white-haired boy watched as she put down her chopsticks. It seemed as if she enjoyed the food. He silently cheered himself on; he knew that going out to eat would be a good idea on his part. He finished up his food after hers and laid his chopsticks gently to the side on a napkin.

After everything settled, Natsume mentioned the Chuunin Exams. Zyxis gave her a grin, "I'm not only going to participate, but I'm also going to win the whole thing. Well, at least get an advancement to Chuunin. I don't know about others strengths and weaknesses in other villages, so I have to be careful. I'm going to do my best, Natsume. What about you?"

The Uchiha patiently waited for her to respond. He believed that she would do good in the Chuunin Exams, but he didn't want to see her or any of his other friends get hurt either. The village would prosper if many of them made it to Chuunin. He chose the latter. Hopefully, if they came, they would fight each other instead of more dangerous shinobi.

"Do you want to get dessert?" Zyxis asked her. He imagined that she would say no because of the price, "Again, I don't mind buying, Natsume." 

He hoped that she said yes.
Natsume
Natsume
Citizen

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:12 am
Her eyes shone brightly as he grinned, confirming his participation. She appreciated that her newfound friends were as ambitious, or maybe even more ambitious, than her. Her smile was less expressive than his grin, but it was still plenty more than her usual slight facial expressions. "Of course I will be there." Her eyes flashed. "I need to know what standards are being set."

They finished the food fairly quickly between the two of them, then got the bill settled. The beef had been expensive, but oh so worth it. Her poor wallet, however, might have disagreed. It had been looking a little on the lighter side lately.

Her nose scrunched up and her lips pursed from side to side as she thought over it. "I..." He looked so eager. "It would be rude to deny you twice in a row." Her reserved smile was back. "Then, thank you for treating." She bowed her head slightly.

As the walked out, she looked around the darkening street. "Where are we going then, Zyxis?"
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum