Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Copyright
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden
© Masashi Kishimoto

Naruto RPG ©

©opyrighted
All things created on this site are their respective owners' works and all related topics and forum creators. Information may not be taken from forum descriptions, category descriptions, issues, or posts without the creator's permission, shape, or form. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creator's license will be punished.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder
Current Events
Halloween Event Coming soon!
New PM's : 0
Post Count
Private messages
The Mods of NRPG
Coordination Team

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Threads

Top posting users this week
21 Posts - 19%
16 Posts - 14%
14 Posts - 13%
13 Posts - 12%
11 Posts - 10%
10 Posts - 9%
8 Posts - 7%
8 Posts - 7%
6 Posts - 5%
5 Posts - 4%
Go down
Natsuki Hashimoto
Natsuki Hashimoto
Genin
Genin
Ryo : 0

Kon'nichiwa - Page 2 Empty Re: Kon'nichiwa

Sun May 20, 2018 7:04 am
“Stormbreaker, huh?” Shien would repeat, nodding. It was of odd make, sporting a perpendicular blade to the standard and hilt. It was unconventional, but the additional blade would be excellent for just that. It’s a rather unpredictable sword, and defending against it would no doubt be difficult. Every angle of attack would have to be carefully examined so not as to deflect a blow and end up with a blade puncturing the chest.

Shien nodded. “He’s a great swordmaker,” the Doku said, giving an affirmative thrust of the head. “You got your eye on it? If so, you’ll have to go through that kid to get it,” Shien said with a huff of hot air through his nose and a chuckle. “Ah, that sounds cool. Own custom blade. You gonna make anything crazy like Stormbreaker? I wouldn’t mind a little innovation myself.”

After the age comment, however, Shien’s demeanor shifted. He thinned his lips, his face becoming flustered. He narrowed his eyes, turning to face the master of the academy. “Uh,” he paused, licking his dried lips. “Hi,” Shien said, offering an awkward smile at Hakai introduction.

The bird atop his head fled, leaving a white surprise that ran down his temple. Dammit.

“DAMMIT, BIRD, I GAVE YOU MUSIC!” Shien shouted, breaking the quiet of the dojo. He paused, composing himself with a disgusted look. “Hi, again. Name’s Shien. Pleasure. You, uh… you don’t happen to have a water jutsu, do you?”

WC: 1859
Komon Hyuuga
Komon Hyuuga
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Ryo : 1500

Wed May 30, 2018 5:41 am
The lizard with seemingly endless quips would finally find himself speechless at the appearance of Hakai Hozuki. The obvious discomfort brought a jagged grin to the Hoshigaki's face as he watched Shien try to recover from his apparent fumble. Two simple words was all he could manage to get out before his bird betrayed him. Springing into flight and leaving its droppings behind him. Becoming increasingly annoyed the green skinned boy would shout at the bird as if it could somehow understand him. Naturally, the bird did not reply.

Now Shien and Hakai stood only feet apart, and the boy finally seemed to recover, asking a question that obviously implied him wanting hakai to rid the bird droppings from his body. The white haired man would speak again in a relaxed manner. "I'm a Hozuki, off course I do" He'd say as he liquified his left arm and slapped the young Doku in front of him. The water wouldn't hurt, but it would slap the bird droppings off the boy, and leave his green hair in a damp mess. "And if you ever find yourself with more bird droppings that need cleaning, Ikigai's not too shabby with water either. Isn't that right Iki?" He'd say as he joked to his student, before returning his arm to its more human state.

His prized pupil would simply nod at the decleration, before adding in to shiens statement. "He's thinking of becoming a student Sensei, so I was showing him around." The obvious sensei would nod before saying. "Two noobies, in just one week. You really SHOULD be getting paid." The elder would joke before giving a quick glance over his shoulder to to the right of the building. "Have him pick out a room if he decides to stay, and send him to my office when you're done showing him around." He'd say before looking to the new comer in front of him. "I look forward to seeing you around Shien" The man would say before exiting to the backyard of the academy.

WC:1701
Natsuki Hashimoto
Natsuki Hashimoto
Genin
Genin

Thu May 31, 2018 7:44 pm
Hakai thankfully awarded Shien with a liquification of his arm, swatting the bird dropping away and dampening his hair. The Doku hadn’t seen anything of the sort before now, no clan that could do such a thing. However, he did offer an explanation - Hozuki. Shien hadn’t heard of the clan before, but, whatever it was, they seemed able to become wetter than the theatre seats after Fifty Shades. The only issue with this however, was the mixing of the water with the bird poop. Shien hadn’t seen any droppings on the academy head’s arm, but it did beg the question as to whether or not it would return to a solid state with feces in the mix. That would probably leave one hell of an infection, and the thought produced a gag from Shien.

Shien swallowed, stuttering and nodding. “Well, uh, thanks,” he finally spat out, unable to see through the tangled mass of dripping wet hair in front of his eyes. Hakai then offered Ikigai’s own expertise with the element, before moving on to a rather… unique nickname.

The Doku began to chuckle, forcing himself to an unnatural and painful stop. “Icky?” he muttered, looking at his new shark friend with a toothy smirk. Ikigai quickly briefed Hakai on Shien’s interest in the academy. The swordmaster mentioned something about another student, then housing. What made the shinobi nervous was the meeting in Hakai’s office. He’d dabbled, but swordsplay seemed incredibly serious. Still it was a unique opportunity.

Shien waited until the sensei left before continuing with Ikigai. “I’m interested, I’ll admit. But let’s check out those rooms first, huh?” he smiled, slicking his mass of green hair back and out of his eyes. “Who’s the other newbie?”

WC: 2147
Komon Hyuuga
Komon Hyuuga
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)

Thu May 31, 2018 10:39 pm
"It's a nickname" Ikigai would shrug, while gesturing with both hands. Truth be told it was one he was fond of. But he didn't expect Shien to care so he'd begin walking him towards the housing hallway like his sensei had instructed him to do.

Shien would talk as they walked, asking a question about the other newbie. The shark skinned boy saw no reason to with hold the information and would begin to talk nonchalantly. "We just got a new girl earlier in the week, short, blond. Goes by Kay, seems like she'll be a good student but it's really too early to tell."

As he finished the sentence he'd open the door to the hallway, revealing 10 doors on the right and 5 on the left. "The right side is they boy's rooms, the left is the girls. This academy was all guy's up until recently" He'd say as he kept walking until coming to the first room on the right. Stopping at the door closest to the Dojo.

"This one right here is mine" He'd say as the door swung open to reveal the interior. A mostly clean room aside from the desk in the corner cluttered with drawings of what appeared to be ideas for armor and swords. One such drawing was labeled torrent. Ikigai's concept for his future sword.

"New girls across the hall from me, and Kiyo's 3 doors down." He'd say as he began to list everyone Shien had met or heard of, before glancing towards the end of the hallway. "The two rooms at the end are the only ones left if you wanna go check out where your staying real quick." The boy would say as he geustered with his hands for the lizard to walk ahead.

WC: 2008
Natsuki Hashimoto
Natsuki Hashimoto
Genin
Genin

Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:50 am
Shien’s toothy grin clenched with repressed laughter. “Alrighty, Icky,” he repeated, faltering. His laugh started into a bellow, but the Doku shortly held it back, shifting into a snicker before stopping entirely. Even still, his green face kept that sharp smile. The blue shinobi continued, indulging the reptilian’s questions regarding the other newbie.

“Seems like this is quite the hotspot. Got yourself a little family here, huh?” Shien said, nudging Ikigai with his elbow. From what little he knew, he was happy for Ikigai - someone he had just met. This academy seemed like a welcoming place for people like him, people who are lost. Maybe this is what Shien longed for as well - a family. He hadn’t seen his mother and father in over a year now. Living in the swamps and then moving to Kumogakure had been so lonely, unbelievably so. Shien often enjoyed time to himself, but he’d almost forgotten what his parents looked like. His cousins, aunts, uncles.

For a brief moment, Shien grew somber, losing a certain gleam in his eye. Damn. It’s been so long. And I’ve wasted so much time here.

The Doku smiled, nodding. They’d come to the dorms, Ikigai noting his room, which was rather clean, the new section for the girls, and the couple left over rooms on the boys’ side. When the sharkman offered a look at the vacant rooms, Shien walked slowly to the farthest room. He slid open the paper door and stepped inside. It was nothing special, very modest with little decor. It was a blank canvas ready for paint, however.

Shien’s straight face curved, forming a smile that left one of his teeth sticking out of the corner of his mouth. “Huh,” he said, looking around with awe in his eyes. “Sorry, it’s just that,” he trailed off, stepping forward. “Well, I haven’t had a bedroom in…” Shien looked to the side, as if counting the months. The Doku sighed, nodding with wide eyes and raised eyebrows. “...a very long time.” He pursed his lips and swallowed.

It pleased him more than he was willing to admit. He needed this. To focus and see his family again. To hone his skills and return as a worthy clan leader. But this academy, it was something more immediate. It was something he desperately needed to have right now - it was home. It was a family.

Shien paused for a while, not saying anything. When he had finished taking everything in, he gave an affirmative nod, looking to the blue-skinned shinobi with his gleaming mask of a smile, though he meant every expression on his scaled face. “I think I’ll stay, Icky.”

WC: 2590
Komon Hyuuga
Komon Hyuuga
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)

Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:38 am
"That's very good to hear. I could use a new punching bag" The shark would say as he playfully slapped Shien on the back, and began to walk indicating that Shien should follow. "Come on, I've got two more things to show you" He'd say as he lead him out the backyard of the academy. Behind it was several acres of green pasture all owned by Hakai Hozuki.

A few hundred meters off one could see a small cabin, and slightly to the side of it was a large dirt oval surrounded by a trench filled with water. Four bridges spanned over the trench on each side of the oval allowing for easy access into it. "That arena's for sword fighting and jutsu being used together" Ikigai would say.

"The trenches are for people who use the water element, and the earth works to stop the spread of fire jutsu, and ammo for earth jutsu" he'd pause as his eyes shifted to the cabin, then his finger would point to it as he continued to speak "That's Hakai's cabin, or his "Office"" He'd say, mocking the fact that Hakai had called it that.

"You can go for your meeting after I show you the mess hall. I'm sure you're hungry after wandering around the woods all day" It was a reference to where he had found the boy earlier that day before taking him on a tour. "Come on, lets go"
WC: 2249
Natsuki Hashimoto
Natsuki Hashimoto
Genin
Genin

Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:38 am
Shien chuckled at the remark, smiling with his jagged teeth. “Oh really? Usually punching bags don’t punch you back, Icky,” he’d say, snidely laughing in return. The Doku closed his lips over his teeth, sighing with a thin smile cast over his face. This academy was a nice change of pace to the usual. Birds are great listeners, but they can’t hold a conversation. Ikigai hadn’t pooped on him, either - at least not yet.

The Hoshigaki lead Shien outside once again, this time to the backyard of the academy. The amount of land owned by Hakai was incredible, several acres of nothing but a shade of green so pleasant to the eye. It matched his viridian hair perfectly, prompting the thought that Shien was, in fact, a walking Chia Pet.

Ikigai went on about the various sections of the pasture. It was all very simple but brilliantly so at the same time. The construction prevented anything too out of control, such as a wildfire, but, of course, it wasn’t foolproof. Discipline and care were still needed. Wildly spewing fire jutsu couldn’t end well, even with the surrounding water and dirt. Control had to be a core tenant here, but that was typically of any academy, really.

Off in the distance was Hakai’s cabin, or ‘Office’ as he so eloquently put it. It was a particularly modest, much like the academy itself. Despite the popularity and fighting, the place seemed almost tranquil, like Hakai was really in tune with nature.

He definitely does herbal drugs.

When Ikigai continued rambling and the Doku fell out of his sight, Shien saw it as a perfect opportunity. His hair now dry, the genin quietly slipped into the tall grass, crawling with his hair up and blending into the sea of green. His hair bore resemblance to that of a troll doll - extremely large, sticking straight up. It made the perfect grass look alike, and his skin fit in perfect as well, especially with the hidden shade. Who needed an earth jutsu when you could do this?

The Doku shifted in the grass, crawling around Ikigai.

It was shit like this that really kept him from achieving his goals, but, boy, was it fun. The temptation was too strong to resist, and after the reminiscing at the dorms, this was a nice distraction. A bit of fun was needed every now and again, and maybe Shien wasted too much time, but he was still young. There was no sense in being somber or serious all the time.

WC: 3012
Komon Hyuuga
Komon Hyuuga
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)

Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:13 am
"Shien?" Ikigai would say as he spun around in a very confused state. The boy had just been there, but now it seemed he had vanished. Intrigued the boy would cup his hands to his mouth before raising his voice ever so slightly. "Where did you go newbie?" The shark skinned boy would yell across the pasture, as his voice boomed in the wind.

Nothing but the sounds of nature would follow, as the wind whistled through the tall grass, and crickets and birds chirped in the wooded areas.

"Shien?" He'd say one last time, as he mentally went over the negatives of losing a student on the first day. Would he be held accountable? No, After all Shien wasn't even technically a student yet. As his thoughts came to a close his head would swivel left and right giving one last glance for the green haired boy in the fields afront of him. He really had no idea where this kid had went.

After about 2 minutes of unsuccesful searching the hoshigaki's stomach would growl, and he'd realize he hadn't eaten lunch all day. So he'd bring his hands to his mouth and shout through them again. "Wherever you are, I'm going to eat!" He'd say as he turned and headed back into the academy, all the while reassuring himself that this was the correct course of action.

He's a big kid, I'm sure he'll be fine

His thought process would sound more and more reasonable as the smell of Chef Boru's food grew in intensity, the sheer smell bringing a blast of flavor to the Hoshigaki's brain. There was little in the world the boy loved more than a well cooked meal, and Shien would do well to learn that.

WC: 2553
Natsuki Hashimoto
Natsuki Hashimoto
Genin
Genin

Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:17 am
“Dammit, I’ve lost him.”

Shien turned his head, swiveling his mane of grass-like hair as if some creature or carrot-theif was sifting through crops. Ikigai began to call out the Doku’s name, and, Shien, desperate to scare the blue shinobi, resisted the urge to call out ‘Polo.’ Instead, he kept his cool and began to slowly move towards his prey.

Having came from a clan of hunters, Shien was usually an expert at this. He’d been off his a-game since joining the Hidden Cloud. Singing along with birds like Snow White hadn’t exactly been honing his skills either, but he could hold a tune and play a mean flute, now. If he could just unlock his kekkei-genkai…

Ikigai called out the young man’s name once more, searching through the gross. Seeing beyond the blades of thin earth-hair, Shien moved in like a Lioness ready to pounce.

Only he fell into a bit of a pit.

Shien picked himself up, looking around. Water surged around him, pushing his body. “At this point, I don’t think I’ll have to take a shower tonight,” he said, stomping and trudging up to the bank. The Doku sighed, taking off his burly jacket and ringing it out. The material was rather thick, and it held onto water like a sponge. Shien twisted it as he walked forward, heading to where he heard Ikigai speak of last, the mess hall.

Shien shook his head, folding his jacket across his arm. Wind style would really come in handy right about now. Best to not catch myself on fire trying to use fire release to dry off.

The Doku’s nostrils flared, picking up a rather delicious scent. He smirked, his stomach beginning to rumble like a small avalanche. The aromas pelted him like ice mistaken for a snowball. His head throbbed with hunger, though he had just eaten not too long ago.

I should have eaten that damn bird…
he thought, almost muttering to himself. Nevertheless, the smell of the kitchen was intoxicating. He hadn’t eaten anything warm in a long time, unfortunately. Cold food repulsed him - even desert. It was like eating something old and decaying. Even ice cream was unbearable.

Upon entering, the smells intensified in one beautiful release. Shien’s eyes twitched and his smile came back. In line was Ikigai, waiting on his meal. Thankfully, no one was behind him. Shien had his fill of meeting new people for the day. It was exhausting. His charms and wit only stretched so far, and, before long, his humor was just a result of being awkwardly uncomfortable.

“You weren’t supposed to leave me,”
the Doku said, rejoining Ikigai. “I was trying to sneak up on you.”

The smells once again caught Shien’s attention. The fragrant spices and sizzling meats watered Shien’s mouth to the point of almost drooling. He quickly clasped his mouth, swallowing, before inquiring about the chef. “So, who makes… whatever’s being served here?” he asked, unable to put a name to the wonderful smells he had encountered.

WC: 3515
Komon Hyuuga
Komon Hyuuga
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:47 pm
"Try it again, and you'll find I'm not easy to catch off guard" Ikigai would say, he got that the boy was just playing a game. But ikigai's senses were fine tuned, and he wasn't particularly easy to sneak up on. He'd motion to the boy to take a spot next to him as the line advanced and smell grew slightly stronger with every step.

The meal was yakitori, grilled chicken skewered through on stick, and it smelled delightful. And as they grew closer to the front of the line Shien would speak once again. "So who makes whatevers being served here?" Ikigai would open his mouth to answer him but before the words could escape his mouth Boru's booming voice would permeate through the air.

With a finger pointed to his chest in an over exaggerated manner he'd below "The chef behind this delicious Yakitori would be me new guy! He'd pause allowing Shien to locate his voice and focus on him before continuing his sudden introduction. "Chef Boru, senior student!"

Shien didn't know it but he was talking to one of two of Hakai's oldest students. The other was Yokai, but both of them were forces to be reckoned with and fully recognized jounin of the village. "New student?" He'd ask quizzically with his hand outstretched, obviously in an attempt to greet the boy.

Lucky he's meeting Boru Ikigai would think to himself, between the two seniors he much prefered the chef to the more sinister Yokai.

WC: 2752
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum