Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Mapping the VillageYesterday at 11:44 pmJoro ShokkuIlluminate the UmbraYesterday at 9:41 pmAkaime ChinoikeA Tale of Tribulations and MysteryYesterday at 8:25 pmAkaime ChinoikeLate Night OutYesterday at 7:19 pmAzuki ShinodaWhere the men shall gatherYesterday at 3:45 pmYama KokoroTaking Down the Mob in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 2:45 pmMizaki HyuugaMissing People in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 2:01 pmMizaki HyuugaA meet in HoshiYesterday at 1:48 pmMizaki HyuugaLate Night Customers!!Yesterday at 1:37 pmKutari UchihaThe Culling Games: Ninth MatchYesterday at 4:37 amHimari Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
238 Posts - 43%
76 Posts - 14%
65 Posts - 12%
40 Posts - 7%
33 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 5%
23 Posts - 4%
17 Posts - 3%
17 Posts - 3%
16 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape

It's A-A-A-Power Boost?! (P,NK)

+3
Sumire Furukawa
Shin
Madrigal Kaguya
7 posters
Go down
Madrigal Kaguya
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Ryo : 0

It's A-A-A-Power Boost?! (P,NK) Empty It's A-A-A-Power Boost?! (P,NK)

Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:53 pm
It was a dark night, the moon was high and full as Valen sat on the roof of one of the churches, his back was against a support and one leg was handing off, idly swinging back in forth. His mind was on a multitude of things at the moment. Some being tech ideas that he was trying to get down, others being the third and final shinobi art he was wanting to specialize in. Finally, the limits of his abilities. As it stood, he needed to be fairly close to his opponents to defeat them and he was not exactly a sturdy individual on his best day. He needed to rely on speed and agility to avoid getting killed and if he fought an opponent who could outpace him, which granted were rare at this point, he would probably be killed. He needed to become more powerful to protect his comrades, those he actually cared for. After he had managed to break the sentience from Crimson End his mind had been more clear than ever and he noticed a great number of things that shouldn’t be.

The first of which was the fact that the shinobi and civilians were still at odds. What the hell? How had this not been put down yet? People were moving here all of the time to live in their wondrous village BECAUSE it was a shinobi village. It would not make sense to hate the shinobi now. Too much of the villages infrastructure required them to still be around after all. So how could these blind fools not see that? Something had to be done about it and so far it did not seem like anyone was trying to do anything about it at all. This infuriated the newly minted Jonin as the ‘higher path’ could only get one so far before things escalated.

The other issue was that a shinobi a SHINOBI was QUEEN. Valen could actually understand the civilians pissed off feelings toward that one. As it effectively means we took over their city and country completely. No, things had to change, and rather soon or things were going to get bad. But first the teen needed to get stronger. He needed to obtain strength, not simply power. The boy wasn’t power hungry. He very much knew the difference between the two. He did however need to find another avenue to obtain this strength. His body could only obtain so much and his talents in weaponry and space time could only get him so far. ‘What about ninjutsu?’ He thought to himself. The art was versatile, that was for sure. Enabling him to perform various techniques of different elements that could turn the tide of battle. It would also give him more long range capabilities beyond just his bow.

There was also Genjutsu.. The art of illusions was a powerful art indeed, effectively delving deep into a target’s mind and causing to see, hear, or perceive anything the user wished to a degree. That would allow him to control what people saw of him, or even his snake summons to control the tide of battle in that regard. If he got good enough at it then he could even utilize most of his illusions with simply his eyes. Which is something most people simply wouldn’t be prepared to deal with. Especially if he was subtle with it. From his research smaller, more subtle illusions could be far more useful than large ones.

Of course there was Taijutsu but that would defeat the purpose of learning a new specialty. After all why in the hell would he want to learn one that was STILL close ranged? That simply wouldn’t make sense. Puppetry simply wasn’t his style, and he didn’t have the mechanical know how to make the complicated specialty work. After all one would need ample training in hydraulics, poison making, and trap buildings, and that was just a few of them. No puppetry was out of the question as well.

Fuuinjutsu was an option of course. But he felt like he’d be infringing on Hikari’s territory if he did that. Besides it simply didn’t suit him, spending all that time practicing his calligraphy and experimenting with different brush strokes. He was more of an action oriented fighter. So he would cross Fuuinjutus off the list. That would leave Medical, but he didn’t really feel as if he could devote enough resources toward the incredibly demanding specialty to truly make it worth his while. What he could learn might be enough to truly help him after a certain point.

This mean that that his best two options were either Ninjutsu and Genjutsu. Both of which had their powers and uses. Genjutsu was good for supporting himself and others with illusions and Ninjutsu would make him a versatile force on a battlefield. His mind was slowly gearing towards one of them of course. Still, choosing a final specialty was difficult and not the only option available to him.

In his studies of all of the specialties he did in fact read of the ability for medical shinobi to perform DNA transplants of powerful clans into people. Giving those people access to their bloodline and abilities to a certain degree. Indeed, making them extremely dangerous individuals. He wondered if he could get that option to him. It was a curiosity that was bugging him at this point and one he wondered if he’d be able to get answered.

At this point the moon would be much higher. Valen would put it at about 2:30 in the morning at this point. Of course the crimson garbed shinobi had his chakra sensory on, it was too useful to not after all, and he didn’t want to be surprised by anyone or anything at this point. His mind would slowly move toward the short match with Kenshin the other day. If one could call it that, he barely got the first arrow off and Kenshin didn’t even have time to finish his first ninjutsu before he was called to the kage’s office. The man didn’t seem to notice he had been pierced by his first arrow. An arrow that shot clean through his shoulder, yet he still had no issue moving it and even though the attack was ‘cute’. He knew Kenshin was a good medic, but he didn’t think that was the only reason behind that.

He’d sit there on the roof contemplating this for awhile longer, trying to think of ways to either power himself up, as well as what in the hell was up with Kenshin to allow him to tank such damage and still move normally.

WC: 1113
Shin
Citizen
Stat Page : Shin
RIP Kenshin

Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default

It's A-A-A-Power Boost?! (P,NK) Empty Re: It's A-A-A-Power Boost?! (P,NK)

Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:54 pm

Last edited by Kenshin on Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Madrigal Kaguya
Citizen

Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:59 pm
Valen would be staring at the moon, taking in it’s beauty as his thoughts wandered toward where he would focus the final leg of his shinobi growth. His chakra sensory would of course be active when he was relaxed like this, it wouldn’t be that easy to catch the young jonin off guard. “Hello Kenshin.” He would say in passing as he felt the chakra of Kenshin’s person pass him on the support as he moved up it with hiding like a mole. Valen figured the mad doctor of Hoshi would hear him through the support given that it wasn’t THAT large. Plenty large enough for the man to use hiding like a mole to come up with disturbing the crimson eyed teen himself. But not large enough to prevent him from being able to hear him at all.

When the man sat down next to him and spoke Valen would take in a deep breath before responding. “Indeed it is, I’m almost envious of it. Sitting up there in the sky, oblivious to life’s trials and tribulations. While still maintaining beauty that man could only dream of achieving.” He would say, his eyes now turning from the moon toward the teen himself. “I’ve been promoted to Jonin and been given command of a wanderer group. Kyousuke told me he was going to offer you a position within it and I told him I fully agreed and even requested you as my second in command.” He would state simply, in the mood to get to the point fairly quickly tonight due to his mental state.

“I can answer any questions you might have. But I apologize in advance if I don’t seem like myself. I’m in a bit of a mental bind while I try to figure out ways to increase my strength. My sword, bow, and speed can only take me so far.” He would say simply with a shrug. It would be immediately after saying those words  that Valen would realize the irony in what he had said in comparison to when they first time. A dark chuckle would escape his lips at that. Oh how he had changed as a result of that day. He would never say it out loud but it was completely due to the actions of the earth user sitting next to him too. He truly couldn’t have come this far without his timely intervention. He wouldn’t have even survived.

In regards to the group he didn’t think there was a better choice for his second in command in the entire village. Kenshin was powerful, cautious, to the point of paranoia, and thought things through. Valen could tell it would be his insight into situations that might save their asses on more than one occasion. He was also someone that could and would strike fear into the hearts of the other group members, when Valen couldn’t anyway. No Valen would stand by that decision. Which is why he was glad Kyousuke was giving him free reign of how to assign and set up the group. In his opinion with Kenshin’s mid range combat and Valen’s capabilities at all ranges then the two made a perfect tag team that he doubted anyone in Hoshi could handle without losing a few important things.

Orokana would be an interesting story. He could put him with Kenshin and himself but that would put three people together in one group and in Valen’s opinion that was too many clashing personalities in people that were constantly traveling together. In village teams it made sense as the teams usually got to go home and cool off for a few nights between missions. But in the case of a group like this the groups would have to be together constantly. Valen would rather keep it down to a max of two per team. Meaning they’d need to find Orokana a partner soon, but he knew Kyousuke was on it. Valen himself was looking out for any possible talent. He wanted Hikari in the group. But that would put three of the villages four jonin in the wanderer group and constantly traveling which would cause problems in the village if they were attacked. The girl was better used assisting the newest generation of ninja in the village and helping them along.

At this point the crimson garbed chunin realized he should probably listen to Kenshin lest the man ask or say something he should pay attention to. It would be rather rude if he had to have him repeat himself after all.

WC: 760
TWC: 1873
Shin
Citizen
RIP Kenshin

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:38 am
"Hello Kenshin." the silver haired teen would hear Valen say as he used his Hiding Like a Mole to travel through the support that the other male had been leaning on. Ahh, too bad, he hadn't managed to catch him off guard... but then again, he hadn't exactly been expecting to in the first place, in fact, it would have been a little disappointing if he had. Either way though, Kenshin would continue with the actions described in the last post and exit through the top of the support, before sitting down in the exact same position as detailed in my previous post and make the same comment. 

"Indeed it is, I'm almost envious of it. Sitting up there in the sky, oblivious to life trials and tribulations. While still maintaining beauty that man could only dream of achieving." the dark haired young man would say in response, as he too glanced up at the celestial body. His words would earn a small hum from Kenshin himself, but other than that the stitched and scarred medic would stay silent, basking in the peace and quiet that the nights in Haven Country provided. 

"I've been promoted to Jounin and been given command of a wanderer group. Kyousuke told me he was going to offer you a position within it and I told him I fully agreed and even requested you as my second in command." Valen would then say in an almost offhanded manner. The words themselves immediately caught Kenshin's attention, and the half-blood Uzumaki would almost reluctantly tear his gaze from the moon and allow it to shift down to the crimson clad young man that sat below. As his eyes landed upon Valen he would recall the time that he and Hoshi's dark prince had first met, when he had so effortlessly managed to dismantle the rather arrogant brat with nary a scratch. And almost immediately after, Kenshin would recall that incident only a few days ago, when Valen had managed to catch him off guard with his speed and injure him before he could even tell what had happened.

"Hmm... so you're the leader of that little group." the newly appointed Jounin would say, looking down at Valen in what almost appeared to be a judging manner, before a small smirk appeared on Kenshin's scarred face.

"At least Kyousuke put someone competent in charge." he would then say, before giving a small chuckle. He still had yet to inform Valen that he had actually accepted Kyousuke's offer of joining the group, but he had a feeling that Valen wasn't done talking just yet, so for now he would hold his tongue. 

"I can answer any questions you might have. But I apologize in advance if I don't seem like myself. I'm in a bit of a mental bind while I try to figure out ways to increase my strength. My sword, bow and speed can only take me so far." he would say with a shrug. Kenshin would look down at Valen with a wry smirk on his face, before giving a light chuckle when Valen himself started chuckling rather darkly. It seemed that he too realized just how ironic such a statement was coming from him, who had straight out said that he didn't see the point in getting stronger when he was a green Genin.

"I was also promoted to Jounin. That summons I received a few days ago was so that our illustrious Kage could meet me and get a better picture of who I was, no doubt to see whether or not I am 'worthy' of holding the rank of Jounin. He and I had crossed paths some time ago, back when I was a mere Genin and he one of the Queensguard, but we had never actually met. I didn't know that he had claimed the title of Kage... hell, I didn't even know that there was a new Hogokage"  Kenshin would say with a humorless chuckle. Yes, that truly went to show how little had actually changed in the village since the mountain of a mans inauguration as Kage. 

He didn't exactly need to give Valen that little bit of backstory, or the fact that Kyousuke was essentially trying to test whether or not he was worthy of his new position, he simply felt like mentioning it. Valen... he was one of the few people in this village that Kenshin could actually stand to be around... and perhaps even considered to be a friend. It truly was funny that the two could consider each other friends when one thought about just how badly their first meeting had gone, with Kenshin essentially breaking both Valen's body and views of the world.

"In regards to your earlier comment though, there are still quite a few ways for you to become stronger." the former missing nin would say as a small smirk began to form on his face once more.

"I haven't exactly seen much of you in combat, so it's a little hard for me to offer any advice on what you could actually stand to improve on. But there are a few things that are important to anyone in combat, and one of those things is versatility. What I would suggest is you think over everything that you have in your current arsenal, and start focusing harder on learning things that either cover any of your existing weaknesses, or open entirely new avenues of attack." he would then say, all the while looking down at Valen, mentally debating whether or not he should offer the young man... another type of power. 

"...There are also other ways to get stronger... ways that certain people in this village would disagree with... and our illustrious leader is more than likely one of those people." Kenshin would say as the smirk left his scarred face, and he stared down at Valen in complete seriousness. He knew that he was taking a rather large gamble with this, but he didn't believe that Valen was the type of person to care about things such as morals when it came to fulfilling his goals and getting what he wanted... a sentiment that was shared by Kenshin himself.

Now only one question remained

What would Valen do.

WC: 1046
Sumire Furukawa
Sumire Furukawa
Citizen
Stat Page : Here
Remove Puppetry Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Taijutsu
Village : Kirigakure
Ryo : 9100

Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:46 pm
Kenshin’s comment on the teenager being competent caused an odd emotion to occur within the teenage Akari Clan member. Happiness? No, confidence? Partially..pride? Yes.. That word worked well. The jonin was well known as someone who was difficult to please and to even get a vouch for competence from the scarred man was to take that to an even deeper level. It was indeed something Valen felt he could take pride in. Especially since considering the context he had said it, he didn’t mind taking orders from the less experienced shinobi. Something Valen indeed would take as a high compliment. Sure Valen didn’t know Kenshin had accepted the group invitation yet. But the man didn’t seem to outright reject the idea now that he knew Valen was leading it.

Of course the man had been promoted to jonin. That meant they were still the same rank. Valen should’ve expected the man to get promoted soon. It would be a waste to keep the powerful medic’s talents down to merely a C rank in level. To be honest Valen wasn’t entirely sure he himself deserved the rank. But he’d simply have to put his nose to the grindstone and prove to himself that he was now wouldn’t he? It was now that something from the other day caught his interest. “I noticed after my arrow shot you..I pierced clean through your shoulder. Yet you had no issue moving it or the arm. I should have completely pierced your shoulder blades, making the arm nearly impossible to even move. I know you’re a good medic Kenshin, but something there doesn’t add up. Mind explaining? Or is it a secret?” He’d ask in curiosity. He knew the man had his secrets and if he told the crimson garbed warrior that this was one of them then he’d simply drop it

In regards to the man’s words on how he should proceed Valen could confidently say he knew what he was talking about. It also just so happened that the advancement in such a way could be done with one line of training. The Ninjutsu specialization had all of his answers it would seem. At least until Kenshin said what came next. ‘Other ways to get stronger?..’ He would thing to himself as he turned toward Kenshin in curiosity. The words would echo within his mind as he looked toward the man to see the eye patch. Then things became clear with startling clarity. “I see..” He would say before motioning with his head for the gray haired medic to follow him.

The sword wielding jonin would dash off the roof, toward his home at a speed he knew Kenshin would be able to follow. Not a word would be said as he moved through the village in the dead of night. The moon still shining brightly above them in it’s wondrous pale glow. He would arrive at his home in short order, only minutes would have passed and if Kenshin followed him he would disarm the low level protective seal on the lock to move into the humble abode. (Feel free to decorate, just don’t be an ass) At this point Valen would grab a bottle of water from the fridge and toss it to the man before rearming the seals and confirming that no one was around to listen.

“There..privacy that should be had for these next words..” He would say, knowing full well that shinobi patrolled the village at night and that they couldn’t risk saying too much in the open when one could be passing by. “Transplants..You’re talking about transplanting DNA into me..that much is obvious given the way you told me as not many avenues of power are frowned upon in the village. Well the shinobi anyway, but the civilians don’t really matter, they don’t get an opinion on the matter.” He would say simply his eyes narrowing in wonder at the eye patch. “Is your eye really gone Kenshin, or are you hiding one yourself?” He would ask. He knew he just took a gamble himself as he just accused a fellow jonin of something that could be taken as a serious issue if he was wrong. But something told him.. No.. screamed at him that he was correct in this assumption.

Whether or not Kenshin would answer that question he would respond with thus. “I don’t give a damn where I get the power, the strength to do what is necessary. I will use it to defend my home, and by that I mean Hoshigakure..But not the Hoshigakure that you or I are apart of now. But a better one. One no longer ravaged by animosity between two factions. One not afraid of it’s own strength.” He would continue to say, speaking more in those few moments then he had in the entire night so far. Should all of this go according to his own thoughts, and should he be correct in what Kenshin was referring to Valen would simply respond thus. “So what DNA do you intend to transfer? And more importantly, what’s the cost?” Valen was not stupid. Nothing came free, especially not from a shinobi like Kenshin. As much as he respected and dare he say it, ‘admired’ the man he wouldn’t be fool enough to think this was a freebie.

WC: 887
TWC: 2760
Shin
Citizen
RIP Kenshin

Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:30 am
"I noticed after my arrow shot you... I pierced clear through your shoulder. Yet you had no issue moving it or the arm. I should have completely pierced your shoulder blades, making the arm nearly impossible to move. I know you're a good medic Kenshin, but something there doesn't add up. Mind explaining? Or is it a secret?" The young man would ask when Kenshin had finished telling him that he too had been ranked up to Jounin, along with the small bit of extra information that came with the knowledge of his new rank. The red clad teens inquiry gained rather light chuckle from the scar faced young man, who was pleasantly surprised by just how observant the other newly promoted Jounin was.

"Well aren't you the observant one. Yes, if I were a normal person your arrow probably would have both pierced and fractured my shoulder blade, which in turn would have made moving my arm a bit more difficult... and a great deal more painful. And as to whether it is a secret... well, it's not exactly a secret, but it is information that I would prefer not to be spread around." the half-blood Uzumaki would say, a small smirk plastered firmly upon his face. The information that Valen was asking for was not something that Kenshin would share with just anyone, but Valen was not just anyone. He was one of the few that held even a modicum of the scar faced Jounin's trust, and as such the tri hearted teen was willing to share that information with him... but it would need to be said somewhere a little more private.

"Keep in mind in a shinobi village even the walls have ears, so if you would like to learn more about this, we're going to have to go somewhere a little more private." he would say with a small smirk upon his scarred face. 

With that little question answered Kenshin would go ahead and say everything else that was mentioned in my previous post. And this time it seemed that the dark haired Akari did not have anything to say... at least until he got to the end, and told him about a forbidden type of power. 

"I see..." the young man would say, before gesturing his head towards the village. Obviously he wanted Kenshin to follow him somewhere, no doubt so that the two of them could continue this discussion of their in private. With next to no warning both Valen and Kenshin would dash off at relatively high speeds, hopping from roof to roof as they made their way towards the crimson eyed teens abode, although Kenshin didn't know what their destination was just yet.

When the two of them arrived at a modest little home in one of the villages residential districts the former missing nin would resist the urge to raise a brow. Valen obviously had some idea of what sort of power Kenshin had been talking about back on the roof of that church, so he wasn't exactly sure why the young man had chosen to bring him to his home of all places. The heart thief had actually been planning to take Valen to his room to do the operation... but hey, if they were in Valen's house then that meant less cleaning up for him when the operation was done, so he wasn't about to complain. 

The stitched and scarred medic would follow the swordsman into his house, and as Valen moved towards the fridge his eyes would wander around the living/dining room. It seemed that Valen, much like himself, preferred to live a more utilitarian lifestyle, at least if the rather spartan look of his living/dining room was anything to go by. He hadn't really had much of a chance to look by the time Valen reached the fridge, retrieved a bottle of water and threw it to him. The ragdoll would catch the bottle with ease, and send Valen a small smirk as he went and locked the door to the house.

"There... privacy should be had for these next words." Valen would then say, before making his way towards Kenshin, who had since moved and started leaning on the counter that seperated the living and dining rooms. 

"Transplants... you're talking about transplanting DNA into me... that much is obvious given the way you told me as not many avenues of power are frowned upon in the village. Well the shinobi anyway, but the civillians don't really matter, they don't get an opinion on the matter." the dark prince of Hoshi would say, his words causing Hoshi's most deranged medic to tilt his head upward a little and chuckle.

"Is your eye really gone Kenshin, or are you hiding one yourself?" he would then ask with his crimson eyes narrowed, causing Kenshin's laughter to cease rather suddenly. The albino would push himself off Valen's counter and tilt his head down to face Valen completely, his stitched and scarred face completely void of emotion as he gazed at his newly appointed 'leader'. It would only take a split second for Kenshin to make his decision, and as he did a small smirk would form upon his scarred face as he reached for the patch that hid his new eye from the world.

With a simple tug to the left the medic would expose his new eye to Valen, showing the main reason that he had started earing an eyepatch. Where his original eye was a vivid silver, the new one was a rather dull grey, and whike the sclera of the original was pure red, the new one was as white as anyone else's. 

"My right eye truly is gone... I made sure of that when I tore it from my head. In it's place is an eye that I obtained some time ago, back when I was still a Missing Nin. This new eye of mine... it is superior to the eye it replaced in every way." the ragdoll would say as he channeled some chakra into his Seigan, causing the pupil of his new eye to begin emitting a light blue glow. But as soon as the glow appeared, it would fade away, although he wouldn't put his One Way Patch back into place just yet.

"I don't give a damn where I get the power, the strength to do what is necessary. I will use it to defend my home and by that I mean Hoshigakure... but not the Hoshigakure that you or I are apart of now. But a better one. One no longer ravaged by animosity between two factions. One not afraid of its own strength." the dark prince would then say, his words causing the eyes of the Uzumaki hybrid to widen in slight shock. Those truly were dangerous words for one to utter in a shinobi village... even more so than Kenshin's only minutes prior, when he had been openly mocking the kage of the village and talking about DNA transplants. But despite that, what Kenshin felt shock towards wasn't the danger of what was being said... but at how similar those words sounded to his own goals for the future. 

"Valen... when the time comes, you will have my support." the silver haired youth would say simply as a smirk once more appeared on his face... although this one was quite a bit darker than the first. Truly Valen had grown... he had gone from being a pathetic boy that Kenshin would have taken great pleasure in slaughtering to a man that he would gladly follow. And to think that it had only been around half a year since their initial meeting.

"So what DNA do you intend to transfer? And more importantly, what's the cost?" Valen would then ask, provided of course that all of what Kenshin had said so far lined up with the thoughts he mentioned in his previous post. If that was indeed the case, the silver haired youth would go through the hand seals required to use the Storage Displacement technique, and seemingly out of nowhere a scroll would begin to materialize in his hand... a scroll with the word Uzumaki inscribed on it.

With a small chuckle the silver haired youth would toss the scroll towards Valen

"Think of this one as an... invertment. As MY investment in the future of this village." he would say simply, before a thought occurrred to him.

"Also, in regards to your earlier question... about how I was able to move after you shot me with that bow of yours. I possess a rather... unique body structure, due to a rather rare ability that I have come to possess. The ability itself is known as the Earth Grudge Fear, and it is the bloodline of an extremely rare clan known as the Tau." Kenshin would say as pulled his right sleeve up and exposed the limb. The skin of the arm itself was snow white, just like the rest of his skin, but that was not what would be most likely to catch Valens attention, nor was it the rather heavy amount of stitching on the arm itsself. No, what was most likely to catch the young Akari's eye, was the fact that his skin itself almost seemed to be writhing due to the constant movement of the threads beneath his skin. 

With but a thought Kenshin would make some of the threads within his arm exit one of the many stitched cuts that adorne the limb. Once outside the teen body they would sway back and forth through the air, almost looking like a mess of serpants trying to hypnotise their pray. 

"These threads you see now... there are countless more of them within my body, and I can control each and every one of them with nothing more than a thought... but all power comes with a price. As a shinobi you must at least possess some basic knowledge of human anatomy... so tell me Valen... how exactly is it possible for these threads to call my body home... what price was paid for the power that I have come to possess?" Kenshin would ask as he allowed the manipulated threads to return back to his body before rolling his sleeve down again. 

WC: 1720
Also Gin Kouen
Also Gin Kouen
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 8000

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:40 am
Valen would listen intently to Kenshin’s words, taking everything in stride as Kenshin took off his eye patch to show a perfectly healthy eye beneath. ‘So, he’s transplanted that eye.. I wonder what it can do.” He thought himself before being stirred up and saying his speech. The teen would be surprised by Kenshin’s declaration of support. He’d return the sentiment with a smirk before a small shake of his head. “All of the support in world won’t matter if I don’t obtain the power necessary, soon.” He would say in reply. He appreciated the scarred jonin support, but he himself would need to get stronger, far stronger if he was to try to become the Hogokage. He didn’t honestly know if he was, or ever would be ready until it happened. At this point Valen would ask Kenshin the price for the transplant he offered and the stitched man would use the storage displacement technique to pull out a scroll with a very well known symbol on it. “The Uzumaki?” He would say absently as he effortlessly caught the scroll the man tossed his way. He would have to trust Kenshin on his choice in the transplant, as he didn’t really know what good the clan’s DNA could do him. But he DID trust Kenshin, more so than most other shinobi save maybe Hikari.

At this point the man would come before him and show him his arm. While the stitched up and heavily scarred appendage was certainly interesting, what drew the crimson wearing jonin’s eyes were the appearance of things that seemed to be wriggling just beneath the skin. Kenshin would use some of his chakra to manipulate some of these tendrils, having them dance in the air in an oddly snake like manner. This of course made Valen wonder if the man was making fun of him and his summons. But then dismissed it, he wasn’t the type to play small barbs like that. More like the type to leave pieces of your body hidden and random places. Kenshin would proceed to ask Valen what the price for those threads was. What did he give up to have them? He seemed to have confidence in Valen’s ability to figure it out. The dark haired male thought about it, going back to the arrow incident before realization dawned on him. “Your bones..Maybe your blood too? But definitely your bones, you have none..” He would say as he looked at the man in a new light. “That is an interesting power, with no bones in your body they can’t possibly be broken. Not only does that make it much more difficult to get you to crack in interrogation, but it also partially explains your immense ability to simply take a hit” He would say before an understanding nod of his head.

“Do they do anything else besides these? What does this, Earth Grudge Fear, allow you to do besides this? Anything?” He would ask in curiosity before sitting down on his living room table. The piece of furniture was already cleared off and he’d hold the Uzumaki scroll in his hands before nodding his head and tossing it to Kenshin. Whether the man was answering or not the answer to whether or not Valen would take the transplant would be clear. The sword wielding Akari would lay back on the table, and lay still. He didn’t know what Kenshin would need to do in order to perform this surgery but he doubted the man was the type to knock him out. No matter though, he would deal with it regardless. It would be a small price to pay for the extra power boost.

WC: 614
TWC: 3374
Shin
Citizen
RIP Kenshin

Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:50 am
"All the support in the world won't matter if I don't obtain the power necessary, soon." The other Jounin would say in response to Kenshin's words, earning a light chuckle from the albino. At least Valen understood that the path he had chosen to travel was not easy, and that as he was now he was simply not ready for that challenge. But he was determined to get strong enough to travel down that barren and unforgiving path... and the silver haired teen was willing to follow him every step of the way. Or at least he was willing to do so for as long as their goals aligned. When Valen asked just what DNA he was planning on transplanting into him Kenshin would, as noted in the previous post, simply retrieve the Corpse Storage Scroll marked as Uzumaki. He would toss the scroll to Valen.

"The Uzumaki?"the dark haired Akari would ask as he effortlessly caught the scroll, getting nothing more than a nod from Kenshin. He could just imagine the carnage that this swordsman could wreak upon the battlefield with the feared chakra chains of the Uzumaki at his disposal. He knew that the chains that he was able to create were simply the weak, base version of the well known bloodline. But he also knew that if he were to put some more effort into mastering the chains he would be able to create his own unique and powerful variation, just as plenty of Uzumaki in the past had done. It was strange... the chains were his birthright... one that he had actually been born without and later had transplanted into himself... but he was not all that interested in using them, just as he was uninterested in studying Fuinjutsu. 

He would continue with what had been written in the last post, eventually getting to the point that he would display but one of the powers that the Earth Grudge Fear had gifted him with. As he demonstrated his control over the threads that called his body home he would question the red clad young man that stood across from him bout just what he had sacrificed in order to gain this dark power. 

"Your bones... maybe your blood too? But definitely your bones, you have none. That is an interesting power, with no bones your body can't possibly be broken. Not only does that make you much more difficult to crack in interrogation, but also explains your immense ability to simply take a hit." Hoshi's resident dark prince would say to the stitched and scarred medic, obviously looking at him in a completely new light. It was understandable really, as he had essentially just figured out one of the many things that separated Kenshin from regular humans and regular shinobi alike.

"Do they do anything else besides these? What does this, Earth Grudge Fear, allow you to do besides this? Anything?" he would ask as looked down at the bare living room table and nodded to himself. As he did this Kenshin would have a small debate with himself... did he show even more trust for Valen and reveal all the secrets of Earth Grudge Fear to the one person in Hoshigakure that he would be glad to call an ally, or would he keep some secrets to himself for now. In the end the decision was rather easy to make, as he had shown Valen more than enough trust for one evening by simply revealing the fact that he had no bones to the swordsman. 

"What I have told you tonight is simply the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Earth Grudge Fear... but you will learn more about it in time." Kenshin would say simply as he took the scroll that Valen handed him. He would waste no time in unrolling the scroll and channeling some chakra into the Fuinjutsu matrix within said scroll, causing the scroll's contents, the corpse of one Raven Uzumaki, to appear in a puff of white smoke. The corpse was still as fresh as the day that he had received the body from Sorethin, the Tau that he met on the borders of Haven Country during one of his hunts. 

As Valen went to lay back on the table Kenshin would kneel down next to the corpse of the Uzumaki and go through a set of five familiar hand seals. When he completed the seals his pale hands would be in a very familiar, light blue, blade-like aura of chakra, and he would use said aura to slice through the flesh of the corpse on the right hip, before moving upwards and coming to a stop just beneath where his rib cage would start. He had obviously chosen to transplant the Uzumaki's remaining kidney, mainly because the surgery itself was without a doubt one of the easiest for him to perform, and why make extra work for himself by attempting to replace something like the liver.

"Unless you want me to cut you open through your clothes I would suggest you remove your cloak and shirt." he would say in a rather dull done as he looked at the young man who was lying back on the table. He had a feeling that if he had simply sliced through the cloak like he mentioned in a skype call that his friend would either have a very sudden heart attack, or worse yet, become one of the sheep. It was a strange feeling, but one that he heeded nonetheless. 

When Valen removed said clothes Kenshin would allow the blue glow of his chakra scalpels to fade away, and he would begin to go through yet another series of hand seals. This time when he was done blue 'flames' of chakra would form on the finger tips of his right hand. There was a good chance Valen would recognize these flames, as he had used this particular technique to numb the other teen pain after he had shattered his leg in their first meeting. He would do as he did back then, and press the 'flames' to Valen's chest. His fingers would sink about a quarter of an inch into the pale teens chest while the flames would flow into his body, numbing any and all pain that he would feel for the next few minutes. 

When this was done Kenshin would reach back into one of the two weapon pouches that he had clipped to his belt and withdraw a kunai. The silver haired youth would flow his chakra through the kunai and carefully move it to Valen's right flank. The medic would carefully stab the tip of his kunai about an inch into the flesh of Valen's hip, before pulling the kunai up towards Valen's ribs, stopping just below the lowest. The incision that Kenshin had made was roughly five inches in length, but he needed it to be no bigger than that.

"This may feel a little... strange, but please do not move until I am finished." Kenshin would warn with the lightest of frowns on his face. Valen would feel no pain from what he was about to do, but he knew that he would probably feel a little disturbed by what he was about to feel.

With his warning given Kenshin would grab the kidney with his left hand, and place his right just above the incision that he had made on Valen. With  simple mental command the threads within Kenshin's body would flow out of the stitched and scarred teens right wrist, and start to push themselves inside the freshly made cut. The threads would wrap themselves around Valen's the renal artery, renal vein and ureter, effectively preventing anything from spilling out when he severed them. Which is exactly what he would have his threads to next, and with that done he would have more threads wrap around the kidney itself and pull it out of the young mans body. 

With that done Kenshin would pass the kidney from his left hand to some threads that began to slide out of his right wrist. Said threads would push the new organ into Valen's body and line it up with the still blocked renal artery, renal vein and ureter, and outside the body Kenshin would form two very familiar hand seals. When they were formed his hands would be coated in a very familiar and soothing green aura, which Kenshin would waste no time in hovering over the transplant he had just made. When the kidney was safely attached to Valen he would begin to withdraw his threads from the body, once more allowing the renal artery, renal vein and ureter flow freely into the mans new kidney. The last thing to healed would of course be the incision that Kenshin had made on his allies right flank, but when that was healed it looked as good as new, no scars or marks of any kind.

There had of course been a fair bit of blood spilled during the procedure, and as such Valen, his table, and the floor beneath the table needed to be cleaned. 

"The procedure is complete. You will need to allow your body some time to adjust to the new DNA before you can actually use this new bloodline properly, so don't expect any instant results. " the albino would say with a small smirk on his face. It had taken some time for the Uzumaki DNA within him to awaken, but once it had he had immediately noticed the difference. 

WC: 1591
Madrigal Kaguya
Citizen

Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:15 am
Valen would blink owlishly a few times at actually forgetting to remove his upper clothing before sitting up to do so. Removing his cloak and undershirt and tossing them aside before laying back again. As he did so his mind would think to what Kenshin had said before. "What I have told you tonight is simply the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Earth Grudge Fear... but you will learn more about it in time." Valen’s thoughts on those words were of the content variety. As it meant the man did in fact trust him to a degree, and that he would be willing to allow that trust to get deeper as time went on. He didn’t know of many in the village who actually trusted him. As in the past when he was under the influence of his old blade he had killed one genin and fatally wounded another. The latter of the two had been saved by the timely arrival of Hikari. Valen thought back to that moment, the fear he felt of accidentally killing Akemi Hiyu. Or the remorse he felt for actually killing Dimi Zataru. Although he would never learn the name of the latter. At this point Kenshin would jam his fingers into Valen’s chest, causing the teen to wince for a moment before the numbing effect of the technique took hold. Valen would continue his musings at that moment. Allowing the stitched teen to do his work. 

When he had accidentally fatally wounded Akemi he had underestimated the power of his swing, his chakra coated sword, the coating acting as a blunting mechanism to make the blade non-lethal. He had aimed for the boys ribs, thinking the weapon would be blunt enough to only leave a shallow cut that would easily be healed by even a mediocre medical shinobi. But he had been wrong. Or, well, he had been right about his blades sharpness. But he had swung with all of his strength. Something he had not been intending to do. The crushing blow would shatter his ribs like glass, causing them to splinter off into his internal organs. This would cause massive damage and critical organ failure. He had been preparing to Body Flicker him to the hospital to get him medical treatment, or try to anyway, when the chestnut haired girl that had sway over his emotions would arrive. She would seal the boy inside of her with one of the sealing jutsu that she would be well known for. When she unsealed him later on apparently, the boy had come out fully conscious and unscathed. 

The other boy, Dimi Zataru had been a sparring partner he had loaned a spare ninjato he had. They had tested themselves against each other and weapon based combat when Valen used a ranged attack from his blade. He had pulled back the chakra to the point where the attack was only enough to knock him unconscious. However the two chakra disks had struck his neck, shattering the esophagus in the two blows. The result was the boy coughing up blood like spittle as air tried to enter his lungs as he died within a minute due to drowning in his own blood. While these assaults seemed very much on purpose, those around him now knew full well that they had not been. As he had been under the subtle influence of the blade he had once wielded. Well, the blade he wielded now. Before it was purified that is. The weapon had once held a dark sentience to it that would talk to Valen at times. Later on the teenager would realize that it was subtly influencing Valen’s thoughts in ways the boy hadn’t expected. It wouldn’t be ‘Don’t dull your blade’ but it would be ‘swing hard’ in the case of Akemi. Or it would be ‘The disks are non-lethal, your aim doesn’t matter.’ When it came to Dimi. Once this was discovered, the Dark Prince would realize full well that it needed to end. 

This was where Hikari came in. The girl  had always helped him when he needed it, never once saying no. She helped him create his cloak, put the curse mark that was now a part of his arsenal on him, assisted him in his trek to become a Chunin so much more. He knew he could trust her with anything he might bring her. He also remembered how she had saved Akemi and thought that if the seal worked by compressing the body into a mass of chakra. Which it would have to in order to work as it did. Then it would allow him to combat the sentience within the blade once and for all. So he went to her, granted she wasn’t nuts about the idea. She did however help him anyway. It was while he was in the seal that he realized just how much he cared for the girl. It was thanks to Calin Yamato, the name of the sentience within that blade that he understood. Because it was the power she had given him to help bolster his strength that he used to strike down the dark foe. 

It was at this point in his musings that Kenshin would give him his warning "This may feel a little... strange, but please do not move until I am finished." He would nod his head at the man and move back into his thoughts. Figuring that if he was busy with his mind he wouldn’t feel anything odd. So when he came out of the seal he had, in a way, admitted his feelings for the girl. She had immediately run off. Presumably to think about what had happened and what her the Chunin at the time had admitted to her. However he hadn’t seen the girl since, at all. He didn’t know if she was avoiding him. Or if he was unconsciously avoiding her. Had she even thought about things at all? Did she no longer wish to work with him? Question upon question ran through Valen’s mind that he honestly didn’t even notice Kenshin working on him. Soon enough the man would chime in "The procedure is complete. You will need to allow your body some time to adjust to the new DNA before you can actually use this new bloodline properly, so don't expect any instant results.” He would say, to which Valen would nod his head in understanding before sitting up. “Thank you for this, Kenshin.” He would say, looking the man in the eye as he said it. He wouldn’t disrespect the teen by doing otherwise. 

He would proceed to move toward his cloak and undershirt sitting on the side, putting both on to complete his normal attire before turning back to the silver haired man. “There’s something else I would like you to explain if you don’t mind.” He would start, shrugging his shoulders and unconsciously rubbing his hand over the place the man had just performed the surgery on. There wasn’t a mark of any kind. He couldn’t wait to try practicing with what he might be able to do with the bloodline. “I’ve decided to take on Ninjutsu as my final specialty, in order to round out my style with a variety of techniques for different situations. I know you practice multiple forms of Ninjutsu. Do you have any advice for someone trying to progress?” He would ask simply. Going to a talented source for such a thing wouldn’t be seen as weak by anyone. Especially when he was as inexperienced in the art as he was. If anything it was simply using the nearby tools at onces disposal. Of course Valen wouldn’t just consider Kenshin as a person as just a simple tool. But in the world of shinobi, they all were to a degree, and right now Kenshin could be used a learning tool. 

At this point Valen would feel an odd urge come over him. Without really knowing how or why, he felt the powerful desire to channel his chakra to the end of a few tenketsu points on his back. All of a sudden an odd feeling would take over him as he felt something ‘materialize’ out of the tenketsu point. Valen would turn his head to see a few wicked looking yellow chains hovering around him in a threatening manner. He tested them out with his control and found he could move them around fully. The chains were long, about two inches wide with a wicked looking glaive end on them. He nodded his head appreciatively at them as he considered the possibilities of these chains. They would indeed make a deadly and extremely versatile weapon in the future. Something he would greatly be looking forward to getting used to and using on the field of battle. 

Spoiler:

The ends of the chain look like the end of the glaive in this spoiler.

WC: 1476
TWC: 4694

Due to the well known fact that we cannot edit posts from the 'Arata' account, I'm going to roll for my transplants activation denoted in the Bloodline rules. Which states I get the first roll for free. Here goes nothing!

Edit: After getting the successful roll for my Uzumaki activation I edited in activating the chains for flavor. Also because the jealous resentment will be amusing. This could be considered a mid thread claim for the 1500/1500 used toward activating the bloodline if you wished. But I WILL be exiting and claiming the above next post. So if you want to save some time you could wait a bit

Edit 2: Meant to put a picture of how the ends of the chains look, My bad.

Last edited by Valen Akari on Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:38 am; edited 3 times in total
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Citizen
Stat Page : Stat Page
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 0

Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:15 am
The member 'Valen Akari' has done the following action : Roll Dice/Flip Coin

'Lucky Coin' : 1
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum