Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Surviving the Apparition of MalevolencyToday at 4:36 amKaiya UchihaWhere the men shall gatherToday at 12:55 amAkaime ChinoikeTea Shop on the Corner Pt1Today at 12:45 amJoro ShokkuMapping the VillageYesterday at 11:44 pmJoro ShokkuIlluminate the UmbraYesterday at 9:41 pmAkaime ChinoikeA Tale of Tribulations and MysteryYesterday at 8:25 pmAkaime ChinoikeLate Night OutYesterday at 7:19 pmAzuki ShinodaTaking Down the Mob in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 2:45 pmMizaki HyuugaMissing People in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 2:01 pmMizaki HyuugaA meet in HoshiYesterday at 1:48 pmMizaki Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
238 Posts - 43%
76 Posts - 14%
65 Posts - 12%
40 Posts - 7%
33 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 5%
24 Posts - 4%
17 Posts - 3%
17 Posts - 3%
16 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Kobayashi Senshi <3
Kobayashi Senshi <3
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 8700

Congratulating a Friend (P, IO, Senshi, Akihana) - Page 2 Empty Re: Congratulating a Friend (P, IO, Senshi, Akihana)

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:23 pm
Senshi had to resist the urge to scoff at Max’s exclamation, not because he disliked Lady Akihana or the fact that Max was excited that she may see him as a son, but because she had just left him. A parent shouldn’t do that to their child, and it bothered Senshi that she would just leave Max like that. With nothing but a letter indicating the way she felt. It felt wrong, and it rose a dark, fiery anger in the put of his stomach that she might be attempting to manipulate the boy he was beginning to see as family himself. With the skills he had gained to get to the rank of Jounin he hid his anger, and merely continued to stare at the wall in contemplation.

After he had revealed, his Order 66, Decimate Kumogakure orders, Senshi glared at the wall of his study. His obvious frustration and anger at the orders he did  not understand shining through all of the training he had been given. As Max started to speak, Senshi felt an instance of betrayal before the words registered in his mind.  His Kage. Max kept calling Lord Raikage, his, but Senshi hadn’t choosen the man anymore than Max had. He however was duty and honor bound to serve the man who held the position loyaly. As Max spoke Maku’s name, Senshis right hand would come up cradling his head as he gripped his own hair tightly.

Maku was a devil. He had griiously injured their team, and slaughtered dozens of Kumo’s forces for what had seemed like fun. He had systematically tortured their Jounin Commander and their fellow friend Reizo, and then he had committed the gravest sin of all. He had taken from Max, and arm and a leg. Something Senshi couldn’t forgive. Max, who had done nothing during the battle to warrant such a response had received, in Senshi’s opinion, the most devastating injuries of the bunch. Senshi couldn’t see Max, balling his tiny fists in anger because his left hand had joined his right in cradling his head and pulling dangerously tight on his hair.

As Max paused in his speech, his breathing sounding unnaturally loud to the Jounin’s ears Senshi would chance a look up. His eyes were dimmer than normal, as though he was slowly pushing the life out of them himself. As though the few emotions he had learned to embrace were slowly bleeding out of them. As Max continued speaking, he unconsciously was telling Senshi the exact same thing that Lady Akihana’s letter had told him. Senshi was vaguely aware that he had ruined Max’s delight in what might be an impending adoption but for the moment he couldn’t address that issue. Too many words had been said, words that were borderline treasonous.

Senshi’s chakra sent out a pulse, though he knew it would be almost impossible for an infiltrator to come into his home and hear what they were saying he was paranoid. Had been ever since he had received his promotion and orders. Senshi’s eyes refused to meet Max’s instead shifting around as the silence between the two stretched and grew heavier. Finally, Senshi lowered his arms from the tight grip on his hair leaving it deshelled and standing in odd places. “I don’t want to follow this order. All the books I have ever read indicate that a retreat and fighting a guerrilla war would be the optimal solution.” Senshi paused, his voice was horse with the emotion he refused to allow to show in any other way.

As he spoke he held up the letter that had been resting on his knee, before hesitatingly offering it to Max. “Lady Akihana, says much the same as you. No one’s ever said my opinion mattered before.” These words were spoke quietly, confusion evident in his voice, as though he wasn’t sure he should truly say them to Max. Year of training would not be undone so quickly though. “I’ve always been told and commanded to obey the Raikage and those whom out rank me. What do I do in a situation when their orders are less than what they should be? When their orders could potentially cause more harm to the village I’ve been sworn to protect and defend with my life?”

Senshi trailed off again, he was staring at the wall across from them, but his eyes were unfocused. The shadows of the dimly lit room would hide half his face from Max, but from the half he could see the obvious confusion, and dilemma that Senshi was facing was clear. He was allowing Max and insight into his person that only Lady Akihana had seen so far. He was lowering the emotional walls he had built up to harden himself into the perfect shinobi, in the hopes that Max would be able to show him the right path to take. “Max, I know the majority of the villagers on sight. Their names, their hopes, their dreams. How am I supposed to end all of that? But then how can I not, when the Lord Raikage demands it of me. My whole life is built upon the honor, the duty, and the loyalty that a shinobi gives his kage and fellow shinobi. Yet I’m being asked in any scenario to betray all of that.” Senshi’s voice petered off again and he lowered his head once more into his hand, covering his face as though it were the last barrier he could use against Max.
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen
Stat Page : Duncan Crawford's Stats
Remove Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Kumogakure
Ryo : 500

Congratulating a Friend (P, IO, Senshi, Akihana) - Page 2 Empty Re: Congratulating a Friend (P, IO, Senshi, Akihana)

Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:39 pm
Max would listen to the words of Senshi, clearly seeing the confusion on the man’s face. It was odd seeing Senshi in this way. The man was always so confident and capable, able to tackle any endeavor before him with haste and skill like a perfect machine. Max didn’t think that Senshi had any doubt within him prior to this encounter.

“I’m sorry, Senshi. I didn’t mean to upset you. It’s just that hearing that order… it… it proves Akihana was incorrect about Mortarion. She said that he was changing for the better, and that he cared about his people. Obviously, that doesn’t seem to be the case. Mortarion has proven himself to be of questionable character. He is a man that does what he wants, no matter the consequences and impact on those around him” The boy would say aloud, though quietly. He wanted to give the man a chance, as Akihana had convinced the boy that Mortarion was worth giving a chance to. His hope that she had been right shattered as Senshi told him, dispelling any illusion that the Raikage was a kind and caring man. No, he was just as much the monster that Max had originally thought. Napa would no longer have to keep trying to convince Max what must be done. No, the boy understood now without any doubt. He didn't like seeing his friends like this...

“Kage’s have come and gone, Senshi, but Kumogakure still stands. One cannot live abiding by the word of one such Kage if it is against the best interests of the village itself. A kage is supposed to protect his people and his village. In no way does such an order protect anything within Kumogakure. In fact, it protects those who dare attack us. Even during a losing battle, many of us would be able to weaken and potentially kill off many of the attackers. Then we can retreat, regroup, and come back to retake our lands.” The boy would say, stepping closer while now calm to try and console his upset friend.

Pulling his chair closer to Senshi, Max would lean in close. “Duty to the Kage is important, but what if Mortarion was not the Kage? Would you listen with the same fervor as you do to Lord Mortarion?” The boy asks, wondering how Senshi would respond. “Is your loyalty to the village that you helped build up and breath new life into, or is it to a man that asks you to tear everything you worked for down?”

The boy – if permitted – would rest his head on the shoulder of Senshi. “You aren’t just a tool to be used and discarded by your superiors, Senshi. You said you don’t want to follow this order. What would you do if it was your call?” Max would ask, truly curious about Senshi’s thoughts on this situation.
Kobayashi Senshi <3
Kobayashi Senshi <3
Citizen

Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:14 pm
Senshi slowly managed to regain his mask of neutrality dipping into his ability to seal his emotions off from who he was as a person. He could choose to bring them forth as needed but right now he needed to push his emotions off. He couldn’t think clearly when they were there, screaming into his mind demanding his attention. It was much simpler to just deny himself the feelings that they gave him. He could operated much better in this fashion and it would leave him no doubt that he had made the most logical decision. And often times, the logical decision was the most correct.

Senshi listened quietly as Max talked, the fervor and passion the Genin felt, was obvious to the young Jounin. He could hear what Max was saying and without his emotions filtering the words he could assess them properly. Max did not trust the Lord Raikage, he did not want the man to be in charge of Kumo. His reasoning even made sense from a few stand points. The destruction the Raikage had caused, the people he had killed when he had taken over, and the fact that he had not bothered to attempt to rebuild immediately after he had taken control spoke to his leadership capabilities.

At the same time the Raikage had instituted programs to begin rebuilding Kumo, he had brought the shinobi forces tests that would make them stronger, more dangerous to other villages. His policies had improved the power and defense of the village. At the same time, they were virtually unapproachable by other villages due to how barbaric they seemed. Kumo was like the old Vikings, they followed a set of archaic laws that the current, modern world did not understand and couldn’t fathom. But it worked for them, or so it seemed. It had produced strong shinobi like Max, Reizo, Komon, and Komori. So based on that amount of information Senshi knew that he couldn’t fully agree with Max’s assessment.

True, the Raikage was harsh. He did not really seem to care for the villagers or even the shinobi. They were mere tools. But then, it was true. They were tools. It was the Raikages job to use those tools effectively. Before Senshi could continue processing his thoughts he felt the head of the blonde haired boy touch and then rest on his shoulder. He stiffened in surprise, the surprise on his face clear sa he looked down at Max. He was unused to physical contact that was not based on pain. Be it a fight or learning to handle and control the pain he felt better, so that he could fight at optimal levels even while injured.

This was similar to the hug that Akihana-sama had once given him. He was feeling just as awkward, unsure of what to do or how to react. He could tell the intent from Max was not meant to be threatening, but none the less Senshi felt threatened. Max could easily use this opportunity to drive  a knife into his heart. Senshi would be unable to react in time to such a blow. Intellectually he knew that Max would not do it, but it didn’t change the way his body wanted to respond to the potential threat that Max was posing to him right now.

He managed to force his body back to the relaxed state it had been in before Max had laid his head on his shoulder, but he could do nothing about the brief fear and cold sweat that now coated the back of his neck. His breathing hitched slightly before he managed to force it back down to normal and he focused on pushing the thoughts of Max killing him, before he could commit to a response. All of this took slightly more than thirty seconds for Senshi to accomplish but once he had, he was back to normal and could focus back in on what Max had said.

Did Senshi agree with the order? No. He could easily think of other things that would be far more beneficial to the village. With a whoosh of air his chest deflated slightly and he slouched a bit in the chair making it even easier for Max’s head to rest on his shoulder. “I would have ordered myself to collect those that I could, retreat to a predetermined location that was already set up prepared to receive forces. Supplies stocked and heavy defences. From there begin either a running retreat, harassing the enemy. Split the force up so that it could attack from multiple points and be harder to track.” He paused as he considered what else he could do in that scenario.

“In the event the enemy didn’t manage to find the base location, use it to command sabotage like attacks on the enemy until we could build up enough to reclaim the village.” Senshi sighed again as he lifted his head, restraightening his posture. “Kumo is the people within it, the ideals we live by. Infrastructure can be rebuilt, property and possessions replaced. It is the people that make Kumo what it is, and what I have sworn to serve.” His voice hardened as he continued to think through what he was saying. “The Raikage is, or at least is supposed to be, the strongest reflection of our ideals and beliefs. It is his job to guide us and command us so that we may achieve those things and prosper.” Senshi sighed again as another though came to him.

“I am young however, inexperienced in global warfare. Surely the Raikage has some reasoning behind his order that I do not understand.” Senshi reached up running a hand roughly through his hair, a deep rumbling growl emitting from his mouth. It began deep in his chest before coming out, showing the level of frustration he felt. “Come Max, I once promised you a meal. We can continue speaking while I prepare it, I need to do something. Occupy my hands with a task.” Senshi would wait for Max to lean off his chest, if he had not already done so before standing up. He hesitated a moment before offering Max a hand, to asssit him out of his seat. He didn’t know if Max’s limbs were fully functional yet. Once that had been completed he would lead the boy back into the kitchen.
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:43 am
Max would listen as the giant man spoke, continuing to rest his head on the behemoths shoulder. The thoughts of Senshi seemed to make a great deal more sense than executing the whole village. Max would shift and let the man get up, Senshi heading for the kitchen to offer up a meal. Max wasn’t one to turn down a free food, and so he would manage to get back up. Senshi offered him a hand, the the boy would just shake his head.

“I should be okay. Thanks though, Senshi.” The boy would say as he stood up and stretched his legs. He would place the letter from Lady Akihana into his pocket and walk over with Senshi to the kitchen area, making sure to grab his tea for something to sip on while waiting and talking with his comrade.

“I can say that I don’t know much about war either, but I know that removing one’s own defenses doesn’t seem like a good idea. In fact, your idea sounds much… well it make more sense to me.” The boy would say before taking a sip of his tea and watching what Senshi was getting out to make.

“Well, I don’t want to speak only of such grim things. Maybe a change of topic for now would work to lighten the mood. What is it that you are making to eat? And will your little friends be joining us in our meal?” He says, pointing to the Flamingos. Max could see that all of this talk about his order was pressing on the mind of Senshi, and it would likely be best to return to the topic in time to discuss more as Senshi thinks about what was said today.

Sipping his tea once more, Max would eagerly wait to hear what Senshi would be making to eat while looking over at the colorful birds.
Kobayashi Senshi <3
Kobayashi Senshi <3
Citizen

Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:29 pm
As Senshi entered the kitchen he quickly moved to the fridge pulling out several different pieces of fish, tuna, salmon, and crab. He placed the items on the counter before grabbing a pot and filling it with water and then throwing it on the stove to begin boiling. It quickly reached boiling temperature and Senshi threw in a scoop of rice. Once had had finished that, he moved back to the fridge pulling out a bit of flower, and as he began to prepare the flower he set the oven to heat up. He finally decided to speak to Max as he had finished the most pressing of the preparations.

“They will not, they hunt to keep their skills sharp. They’ve told me that if they just accepted the food I made, that it would make them weaker.” Senshi gave an almost half shrug at the words before continuing. “I feel biased in agreeing that my ideas are better than the order I was given, so I have ti believe that the Raikage had some sort of ulterior motive for the order that I do not know or understand. I guess, it is similar to a religion, having faith in our leader.” Again another half shrug. By the time he had finished speaking he was throwing the food into the oven. Once it was in there he stirred the rice before turning to the fish that was on the counter.

Pulling over a cutting board he began to chop the pieces into small bits, once he had finished he sectioned it off, before placing the remaining fish back into the fridge and pulling out a cucumber and seaweed. He quickly diced the cucumber into small pieces and then sliced several sections of the sea weed out. He pulled out two plates, placing them on the counter before grabbing a cup and filling it with more green tea. He walked over setting the new cup of tea beside Max before returning into the kitchen. “I’m making Sushi, crab, spicy tuna, regular tuna, and salmon. Plus I remember you liking sweets, so I have some dumplings in the oven for you to take home.”

Senshi went back to work stirring the rice again before seasing the bits of fish that he needed to season. He moved over to the fridge pulling out teriyaki sauce and some wasabi. “Do you like wasabi with your sushi?” If Max said yes, he would throw a bit of wasabi onto his plate for him to use while throwing a generous amount onto his own plate before placing it back into the fridge. He walked over placing the teriyaki sauce on the table with a small bowl like thing so they could use it to dip their sushi in. He returned back to the kitchen throwing another pot on the stove and began to make another soup like item. It didn’t take long before it was complete and he pulled down two bowls, throwing in two pieces of tofu into each bowl and then pouring the miso soup over it.

Once completed he carried the bowl over to Max placing it in front of him on the table before placing his own bowl down, “Miso soup, with some tofu pieces.” Senshi didn’t sit yet as he remembered something. His slightly depressed body language suddenly perked up as he looked at Max with a critical eye. “I have something for you Max, well two somethings. They’ll help you out, hold on let me grab them really quick.” With that Senshi disappeared around the corner walking back into his room, he walked over to the side table and opened the single drawer it had. He pulled out the contacts case, and a single red helix earing. Staring at them for a moment he nodded and walked back to the kitchen.

Setting the contact case down, and the earing he spoke. “Inside the case is a pair of contact lenses, they will help you to see high speed movement easier due to the seals inscribed on them. The earing, has seals that boost your speed, I have both items as well but there was a sale going on and I purchased two of each. I’d like you to have them.” Senshi pushed them across the table halfway to Max to allowed him to take them. After he did so he turned, the red helix earing in his own ear gleaming slightly as he did so. Once back at the stove he quickly turned off the burners pulling out bits of rice, grabbing seaweed, a small piece of cucumber and the choice of fish.

A short five minuetes later, he placed the pot and cutting board into the sink filling them with hot soapy water before placing both plates on the table. Each plate had five sushi rolls of salmon, crab, tuna, and spicy tuna on it as well as a small bit of rice in a bowl shape. He moved back into the kitchen quickly just as the stove timer went off pulling out six sweet breaded dumplings. He quickly drizzeled the sweet syrup over them and left them cool down before moving back to the table and taking his seat. Bowing his head slightly he muttered a quiet ‘thank you for the meal’, before mixing his wasabi and terryaki sauce together creating a mushy green paste. Picking up his chop sticks he began to eat slowly, watching Max out of the side of his eye.

-----Gifting Max 1 Helix Earing, and 1 Pair of Kumogakure Contact Lenses-------------
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:32 am
Looking over at the colorful birds, Max would smile. “Happy hunting, guys. Hope you catch some tasty dinner.” He enjoyed the company of these colorful birds. Their vibrant feathers helped bring light into the otherwise fairly gloomy place the current mood had caused the room to be.

Watching Senshi work his magic in the kitchen was something else. Masterfully handling the tools and timing everything perfectly it had looked almost like a dance that Max didn’t know the steps to. Max wouldn’t budge, watching enthusiastically as Senshi prepped their meal. “That’s pretty neat. Not a skill that I’ve mastered. I tend to eat the barest of basics…. Well that and food from the various stands around the village.” When asked, Max hadn’t been sure what wasabi had been but he thought that it would be rude to refuse any food that he was offered, so he would nod with a simple, “Sure” being the only thing he said.

“Dumplings? Awesome. Thanks, Senshi!” Max said, his mouth watering with a big grin on it as his mind imagined how tasty they would be. Max did have a serious weakness for sweets, as that had comprised many of the boy’s meals as he wandered around the town. It wasn’t the best for him, but at the same time his shinobi training had normally caused him to keep fairly fit. Well, as fit as someone who focuses on moving puppets around the battlefield can be at least.

The smell of the cooking soup would likely be delicious, but the dumplings in the oven had overpowered many of the other smells in his mind. He really wanted to try them. As this was going on, Senshi would approach with a bowl and bring Max back to his senses. Looking down, the bowl was filled with an aromatic brothy soup.  It had smelled delicious, and Max was about to pick up his utensils and dig in when Senshi seemed to remember having something for him. Not wanting to be rude, Max would simply wait for his host to return.

Senshi would return, placing things on the table and sliding them over. They were Fuinjutsu enhanced shinobi items, used to enhance ones abilities. They were likely very costly. Max wasn’t entirely sure what contacts were, but he would be able to see the earring on Senshi. Looking at the contacts and hearing their described abilities, Max would assume that they went somewhere on one’s eyes though he wasn’t entirely sure. He couldn’t see them anywhere on Senshi either to help glean this info. Despite him not completely understanding how they worked, his eyes would almost begin to water at the kindness of such a gift.

“Thank you, Senshi. You are far too kind.” Max would have gotten up and hugged the man if Senshi hadn’t been so tense the last time. Plus, Senshi looked to be busy attending to the food. “So I understand where the earring goes, but the contacts…..” Max was a bit embarrassed, as he was normally fairly quick to figure things out, “Where do these go?” He hadn’t thought about putting them directly on his eyes, as that seemed a bit odd to the child shinobi.

Senshi finished making the food and sat down, muttering a quick praise for the meal. Max would also quietly say thanks as well, mirroring his friend. “This looks delicious, Senshi. Thank you so much!” He would say as he picked up a piece of sushi. He wasn’t sure what to do with the green glob of wasabi, so he looked at what Senshi had done and did the same. Placing the food in his mouth, his mouth now began to water for a reason other than the food. His face would turn bright red and he would immediately begin washing down the food with his tea.

“Ahh. That was really spicy! You are clearly as hard on your mouth as you are on the rest of your body.” Max would say with a giggle, clearly referring to the intense physical conditioning that Senshi puts himself though. “I think that I might have to not eat any more of that wasabi stuff.” He would say, deciding to wash the taste down with the soup and the delicious broth. He would gulp down several mouthfuls before realizing he might have been lacking proper table manners. He didn’t spend a lot of time eating with others, so he didn’t really develop many of the normal ‘manners’ that others had.

Hoping that Senshi wouldn’t hold it against him, he would continue and quickly finish the soup. “Wow, Senshi! That was even better than the soup at the stand a few blocks away from the Kage’s Office. You really are good at most things you do.”

“So, what is the thing you are most looking forward to doing as a Jounin?” Max would ask, hoping to strike up a conversation so that they didn’t eat in silence awkwardly.

Max would then happily move on to some more of the sushi, remembering not to dip it into the green paste that tasted pure flames within his mouth. The teriyaki sauce was fairly mild and so Max would manage to enjoy that on his fish. The rice would be the next thing that he scarfed down, eating it with haste almost as if he didn’t it would disappear.

Depending on the rate at which Senshi had eaten, Max might have finished his food first. If so, Max would sit there awaiting his comrade to finish before getting up from the table. 

-----Accepting the gifts-----
Kobayashi Senshi <3
Kobayashi Senshi <3
Citizen

Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:23 pm
Senshi's jaw clenched as Max mentioned having to deal with jsut having the bare basics, that was not something that he could abide by. Not only was Max his friend and teammate, but he was a hard working member of Kumogakure. He was a shinobi of the greatest village to ever exist, he shouldn't be scrounging to just barely meet his needs. Senshi's hand clenched on his cooking utensils as he went about his task of making dinner. He wasn't sure what he could do about Max's problem but an idea was beginning to take shape in his head. He didn't need Max to say yes, or even to commit to it full time, but it was an idea. At least then he would know Max would be getting some of what he needed and he wouldn't have to worry about him. Worry about his combat capability dropping that is. That was what was essential, Senshi would totally never worry about you know the mundane things... like Max's happiness. They were shinobi, their happiness was already guaranteed so long as their village was progressing nicely. At least that was the lie Senshi was going to feed himself. 

As Senshi continued with his cooking and retrieving the items he was slightly surprised at Max's questions with the contacts. Shrugging he reached out opening the case that contained the contacts for Max, showing the clear little disks. "They go into your eyes, kind of like a small film over your eyes that help you see better. Here watch." Senshi closed Max's case before reaching up and tilting his head back slightly he gently pulled down on his eye lid with one hand before reaching up with the other moving slowly he removed the small clear material that covered his right eye showing it to Max as it sat on his finger. "You put them in the same way." He then repeated the process but in reverse to place the contact in blinking several times after he had done so to make sure it was properly centered. "You want to move slowly and carefully until you get used to it. Blinking helps to center it appropriately. If you're uncomfortable trying it by yourself the first time I can assist you."

Senshi would wait for Max to make his decision, should he want assistance Senshi would of course gladly provide it. Just as Max was about to place the glob of wasabi into his mouth Senshi opened his mouth to warn him, but failed to be quick enough such was his surprise that Max of all people would be emulating how he ate his sushi. He blinked for several seconds before letting out a light laugh, it was soft and lasted for only a second but Senshi was forced to sit back as he bestowed a small smile on Max. "Wasabi is a very spicy ingredient, I apologize for not mentioning it sooner, i presumed that you knew." Senshi didn't mind any lack of table manners from Max, simply attributing it to who he was. Not everyone was forced through the things that he had been after all. "Thank you." His tone was polite and the gratitude obivous as he thanked Max for the compliment on his cooking. 

Before he could think of anything to say Max voiced his question, and Senshi sat back for a moment in clear thought. After several seconds he shook his head collecting the dishes from the table and taking them to the sink where he began to wash them as he spoke. "I just hope the better serve Kumo, complete higher profile missions that make us better as a whole. My dream.... my dream is to one make sure Kumo is as prosporous as it can be so its people don't have to struggle anymore." Senshi' blushed faintly as he finished the dishes, laying them out to dry. He moved over to the dumplings, placing three into a small container and the fourth on top before setting it down in front of Max. "Max, why haven't you tried to become a Chuunin yet?" Senshi fiddled with his tea cup as he waited for Max to answer his question. It was something he had been curious about for a long time. 

Senshi would respond to anything Max said, but he would also bring up another subject once their conversation on the lack of Max's promotion came up. "Max.... I dislike how you have to struggle to find the basic necessities to live. I've been considering buying a house, that has a work shop and two spare rooms. I was wondering, if you'd like to take one of the spare rooms. You could use the work shop for Napa and Stein and I could be reassured that you're getting the things you need."
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:44 am
Max would watch as Senshi demonstrated how to insert the contact lenses onto one’s eyes. Watching Senshi do so, the boy would take a moment to mirror his friend’s actions. It would take a moment for him to get the method down, and though Senshi offered to help the boy would shake his head. He would have to attempt to learn how to do this himself. After a few attempts that almost ended with the small round lens being lost on the floor, he manages to place them into his eyes. The adjustment to his vision is immediately noticeable. Everything would appear sharper, the movements of everything around him growing easier to sense. Once the boy had gotten used to the odd sensation his senses were experiencing, he would smile.

The meal had been delicious and Senshi would answer Max’s question of what he wanted to do as a Jounin. Much of what he said was as the boy would expect, but hearing the reasoning behind it would make the boy happy. Not every shinobi had the interests of the people as a whole in mind. Many people had only given the poorer citizens of Kumo a thought when forced to do so. Sadly, there were a great many citizens that lead rather difficult and unpleasant existences, barely scraping by…. Some were in worse shape than that, literally dying off to starvation and poor living conditions. Those without a shinobi level constitution easily fall to various diseases brought on by the rot of Lord Mortarion. Senshi saying that he had wanted only the best for even those of the lowest caste was a pleasant realization.

Then the question was brought up as to why Max hadn’t been promoted to Chuunin yet. Since Senshi was being so open with him, Max would feel obligated to do the same. “Well, to be honest there are a few reasons….” Max would look down, a look of worry in his eyes. “I… I don’t think I’m worthy of being a Chuunin. Being a Chuunin carries with it a lot of responsibility. How am I supposed to take the lives of other shinobi in my hands, knowing that any mistake I make can cost them their very existence? How am I supposed to lead a team. Leaders tend to see their underlings as little more than tools to complete a task, but I… I have difficulty seeing people as pawns to be sacrificed for a goal, no matter how great said goal is.” Max would just shake his head as he thought again about how the Raikage saw his people. “If I make a mistake, I cost them their lives. Even if I don’t make a mistake, they could die… How am I supposed to live with such a burden?” His voice hangs low upon uttering these last words. Despite his family legacy of staring fear down without flinching, the young Genin had truly been terrified of something like that happening. He knew how it felt to deal with loss. How could he bring the bad news to the family? How could he tell someone that they would have to bury their child?

“And…” The boy remains silent for a moment, his mind thinking about everything. “I’m not like you guys. If given an order, no matter how dreadful or difficult it is, you and the others will carry it out. I cannot say for sure that I would do the same. If I was given an order like yours, I don’t think I would be able to follow through with it. There are many kinds of strength in this world, but I don’t think I have the strength to do something like that. I cannot follow such an order. No, I will not follow such an order. My dedication to the kage is outweighed by my dedication to the people of Kumo.” Pain could be heard in his voice now, the weight of his thoughts crushing him slowly.

“You are a much better shinobi than I am, Senshi. At one point I only desired power. The power to crush the enemies of Kumogakure and repay those that have wronged me and my kin. I would have rushed to climb through the ranks, and master all the advanced techniques I could. But such great power comes with much greater responsibility. Am I ready for such great burdens to bear?”

Max would then realize that Senshi was thrusted into the position of Jounin and all the responsibility that accompanies such a rank. He had just made Chuunin and hadn’t even really had the chance to grow accustom to the rank before having more duties shoveled on to him. “How do you remain so strong, Senshi?”

After that conversation had ended, Senshi mentions that he had planned on buying a house. Max had been offered to be relocated once before by Lady Akihana, but living alone in a new place that he hadn’t been used to wasn’t something he was particularly fond of. He lived in the shack with his puppet pals, but the spirits of his clan were always with him, helping him not feel as lonely. If he had lived with Senshi though, he would have the company of a dear friend and deep down he knew that Senshi would take care of him. There was a strong bond between the two, beyond just teammates and friends.

“I’d be okay with that. Just let me know when, and I’ll gather up some of my things from my shack. I’ll keep the shack as somewhere to keep some of my spare parts, as I highly doubt you want that mess spilling into your home.” The boy says with a light laugh as he looks around again at how meticulous and clean Senshi had been. “Thank you, Senshi. I’m truly grateful to have a friend like you. You mean a lot to me.” The boy would say as he picked up the now cooled dumpling and started to eat it in large bites.
Kobayashi Senshi <3
Kobayashi Senshi <3
Citizen

Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:13 pm
Senshi leaned forwards on the table, steepling his hands in front of his face as Max spoke. He took a slight bit of offence to the boy saying that leaders say their followers only as tools. He certainly did not see it that way. While yes, they were all tools and weapons in a sense, Senshi knew that each of the people he had the pleasure to lead were individual people. He had to adjust himself to work with each one and deal with their personalities. He had to account for their desires and ambitions when he made plans and take their well being into consideration as well. As Max ended his first spiel Senshi kept quiet deciding to let him continue, rather than interrupt him. He knew, from general experience dealing with others, that if he interrupted Max that he may not continue speaking his mind. He needed Max to say what was on his mind, it would be better for the boy to get it all out.

Senshi looked away from Max, as he spoke about needing to follow any order given. His mind flashed back to his letter from Lady Akihana and what it said. As Max suddenly asked his question the young Jounin gave a slight shrug staying silent for several moments before finally speaking. "I think I'll start from the beginning of what you said Max. Do you think that I see the shinobi that I have been given to lead as mere tools?" He would pause letting his words sink in, before continuing speaking. He didn't want Max to answer that question, he was actually afraid that Max would think he would see people that way. "I do not. Most of the Chuunin and Jounin here do not see the shinobi they lead as tools. You are correct that some do, but most do not. In fact, the worst leaders in my opinion are the ones who have that belief. A good leader, understand the shinobi that he or she leaders are individual humans. That they have desires, ambitions, likes, and dislikes that they must deal with."

He paused again, what he was saying would be a lot of information for Max to handle, and he didn't want to put too much on him at once. "If I thought you were going to be that kind of leader Max, I would not be inquiring as to why you are not progressing in your exams. Yes you will have to accept their lives into your hands, but at the same time you are putting your life into their hands. When we went on that C rank, Itami-sempai was relying on us just as much as we relied on him. Your responsibility is to ensure that if a shinobi under you does die or become injured that their injury or death was not in vain. That it had meaning, do not waste the most precious resource you are given. That is the most important tenant any leader could have." His brown/green eyes stared at Max seriously. He was not speaking as Max's friend right now, nor as his teammate, he was speaking to Max as a Jounin. 

As someone who had lead shinobi into combat, who had taken responsibility for their lives and placed his own life into their hands. "You know the letter Lady Akihana gave me indicated something I had not considered fully. Sometimes it is not a strength to follow every order given. Sometimes it is the greates and worst weakness a shinobi can have. It could be a strength for a shinobi to deny a bad order, it could be that strength that saves many lives. As a leader you need to understand when you are making a good or a bad order for someone to follow. In so doing, you learn what are good and bad orders when you are given them." He paused staring quietly at Max, his voice gruff as he spoke this time. "I believe your dedication to the people of Kumo, and your empathy will make you an excellent leader Max. I believe that you are ready, and that we need someone like you. With this war, Kumo needs leaders who will value their shinobi's lives."

He shook his head slightly leaning back in his chair and allowing his arms to rest on the table. His posture was still tense however, before he slowly relaxed all of the muscles. "I merely do what is required of me. It is either I do this or people could die. I am not strong in the sense that you believe Max, I have nothing else to live for. This village, its people, its values and ideals are what give my life meaning. Without it, I would have no reason to go on." He let those words sink in, remaining in his relaxed position and allowing Max to stew on his words. He didn't only want Max to think of what he was saying but also give him a chance to speak and ask further questions should he need to. He was acting in the role of a mentor, something every Jounin needed to develop. While he did not have much experience with it, he would do what he could to help the young boy before him. 

"Give me three days, I'll write the address down. You needn't worry, this will be your home as well. Do not change your habits. I'll build a workshop for you in the yard to work on anything you need." Senshi would stand up walking into the kitchen and pulling out a pad of paper and a pen. Scrawling down the addess of the house he intended to purchase he would walk back to the table and slide it across to Max. "This is the address, I'll make sure your room has a bed, dresser, and night stand. You can of course decorate it as you wish." As he finished speaking he cocked his head to the side, a light blush going over his face before he spoke lowly. "You're closer than my own family Max, we have bled together and we have fought together. You're a brother, Max."
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Thu May 04, 2017 9:18 pm
Max would nod, taking in everything that Senshi was telling him. Those of the village didn’t merely see the shinobi as tools, or at least not those that find themselves among Max’s friends. In fact, those that found themselves among Max’s friends now all seemed to hold the positions that he was speaking of. He felt bad as Senshi questioned whether or not Max thought of him that way. It wasn’t that he thought of Senshi using others as a tool, but others using Senshi as a tool. Notably the man that would give an order to kill everyone within his village.

“You truly think that I am ready?” the boy would ask. He doubted his own abilities, but if Senshi had placed faith in him then maybe he was in fact ready for the added responsibility. “Such a leader would be beneficial. We would surely lose any war that we fought were we threw away the lives of our shinobi. I think that I will continue progressing towards Chuunin, knowing that my outlook on things will be a positive force in the upcoming time of war.” His eyes shifted to Napa, knowing that the puppet is likely pleased to hear such as well, though likely for differing reasons.

Senshi didn’t even seem to skip a beat, no need to reflect and think, almost as if there was no other answer. The man saw this purely as his responsibility to the village and those around him. Senshi didn’t see his own strength, the strength to lift the village of kumo up and take on the weight of everything. He merely saw it as what was expected of him. Max didn’t say anything, as he understood where Senshi was coming from. He too had such a responsibility, though he had not been taking it on headfirst as Senshi had been. He would just nod his head, knowing that this wasn’t a time for words. The silence of the boy coupled with a simple nod would hopefully be all that was needed to relay to Senshi that he had a deep respect for the man.

Max was hoping that such speak of orders being ‘good’ and ‘bad’ would help Senshi see that the order of the Raikage was an example of such. “Thank you for having faith in me, Senshi, even when I lacked faith in myself….” The boy would feel shame, knowing that his not wanting to rank up was in a sense a form of cowardice. He was afraid to face the challenges and responsibilities of a higher rank, and upon reflecting a bit on this he couldn’t help but feel such. What would his family say if they had seen such from the boy? He wasn’t properly representing his clan, but that time was now going to be behind him.

Max would take the slip of paper, memorizing the address. “Three days from today. Understood.” Senshi would make sure to tell the boy not to change his habits, and that the house would be his home as much as Senshi’s. It had been a pleasant sound ringing in the boy’s ears. This would make the transition as easy as possible for him. It was then that Senshi said something that had stunned the boy. Senshi had called Max a brother to him. This day had been managing to get better and better. In just a day, Max had gone from being alone and without a true family to now having two people that saw him as such. “You are right, we have been through a lot together, huh?” Max would say, standing up and stepping into Senshi. He would rest his head on the man’s abdomen and wrap his arms around the waist of Senshi. While Senshi didn’t seem to be overly fond of physical contact, Max wouldn’t be able to help himself. The boy had a smile on his face that could melt even the hardest of hearts. “Big Brother Senshi. I like the sound of that.” Max would say before releasing the giant of a man.

This day would likely be one that Max would never ever forget. It was the time he had found a family. Max made the decision to take the idea of making chuunin more seriously, so that he can make his family proud, both the old and the new.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum