Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Somewhere Out There Today at 5:02 pmMegami KuogaMeeting the BladeToday at 1:13 pmKakushin SenjuTraining, or making friendsToday at 12:49 pmKakushin SenjuThe Dark Side ArisesToday at 12:27 pmRanagi JomajoDaiki getting in Moon!Today at 11:48 amSakoshi KurosawaSubstitute TeacherToday at 6:55 amAyato HyuugaKintsugi is hereToday at 5:39 amHanzo UchihaA new man Today at 5:37 amHanzo UchihaThe first few steps in Today at 5:36 amHanzo UchihaThe wolf and the lambToday at 5:34 amHanzo Uchiha
Top posting users this month
158 Posts - 22%
139 Posts - 19%
86 Posts - 12%
70 Posts - 10%
57 Posts - 8%
53 Posts - 7%
51 Posts - 7%
45 Posts - 6%
38 Posts - 5%
34 Posts - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Arashi Tekiatsu
Arashi Tekiatsu
Jounin
Jounin
Stat Page : Link
Remove Iryōjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 43000

Bracing Against the Storm  Empty Bracing Against the Storm

Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:51 pm
It was frustrating to say the least.  A month or so ago, Arashi was able to come and go as he pleased.  Sure, the guards weren't exactly thrilled about it, but he was a ninja, and they understood his want to explore and spend time alone.  But now.. ever since he became a Queensguard, he found himself more and more restricted.

"Ser Arashi, your place is here at the Palace."

"Ser Tekiatsu, you are no longer a child.  You have responsibilities to the city."

Evidently it was more required of a guard to be in the city at all times than a named Prince.  And the young man absolutely hated being cooped up.  Especially when there was so much more he was planning on doing.

His own loyalty was questioned.  In truth, they had every right to question it.  Arashi wasn't born in Haven, he was a product of the Land of Lightning.  He was brought up to love the Cloud Village. He still carried his Kumo headband, though it was always out of sight.  But to question him so blatantly?  He did so much for the village in the Stars, so much for the land of Haven... and to top it all off, this was the only home Arashi had. 

Kumo was gone.  It still stood, and was still a major village, but the Kumo he grew up with... his Kumo... that was all gone.  Long gone.  And as the days passed, he grew less and less inclined to want to return like a hero in the stories he read as a child.  Those who resisted the new Raikage would be long gone by now, either dead or like him, living in a new home.  His home was long gone, his family's healing springs were gone, even the Tekiatsu retreat deep in the mountains was gone.  There was nothing to go back to.  Nothing at all.

Everything he needed was here.  A home, a family, a village... a girlfriend.  A very understanding girlfriend at that, one who seemed to be very inclined to hold on to every word of Arashi.  Haven itself was a beautiful land, full of lush diversity when it came to environments.  A barren desert in the southwest, a large forest to the southeast.  Vast plains in the northern flats, and mountains in the north east.  When Hoshi got too warm for the young man, he could retreat north, into more familiar weather.  Arashi would be dead before he was prevented from seeing this beauty, coming to escape from the world for peace and quiet. 

Luckily, Arashi had a trick up his sleeve... his own family blood.

The young man took off into the sky, following the winds as north as he wanted, until he found it.. the place he sighted once before.  A new getaway.  A place to replace the Water Gardens.  It was a perfectly pure lake, crystal clear cool water fed from the mountains in the north and east.  It was in a bit of a bowl, a secluded landscape kept hidden from most traveled eyes.  And Arashi was now claiming this spot as his own.  Especially for what he had to do. 

A cold laughter sounded in his head.  Gyuki struggled constantly, a prisoner bound by the mind and seal of both the Hogokage, and his own family.  Arashi was able to get precious little information about Gyuki, such as the fact that this was not the original 8-tails, but one of the clones instead.  He refused to give his name besides Gyuki, and for now, Arashi had to accept that.  

It was a near daily struggle with the 8-tailed beast, who constantly beat against his chakra cage whenever he could.  Daily checks with the hospital, as well as with Den personally, were only able to do so much.. this had flat out become a battle of wills.  Arashi was in no danger of losing, but it did take constant vigilance.  He was still, however, a danger to the village, and was determined to harness and control Gyuki's power.  He just had no idea how.

"Distance will not matter, little cloud.  I can return with no worries, and put an end to this new village you call a home.  I will end their lives like I will end yours."

Arashi pursed his lips as he descended towards the crystal lake.  He needed this serene area, this calm and peaceful location, in order to fight the beast himself.  He had only himself to rely on, and if that failed....

What happened after that wouldn't matter.

The young shinobi solidified himself, landing at the shore of the lake.  He immediately kicked off his footwear and walked to the water line, dipping his foot in.  The water was cold.. ice cold.  The chill up his leg was evidence enough of that.  Smiling, Arashi lifted his foot, taking off his scarf and cloak, as well as all but his inner layers of clothing.  Lifting his foot back out, the boy stepped onto the surface of the water, stepping a second foot and then pushing off into a sprint across the lake.  

As he slowed and stopped at the center, with only the grunts and laughter following him from his mind.  He looked around, the shoreline in all directions, and finally sat down on the surface of the water.  Taking a deep breath, he took in the sounds and quiet of nature as he began to meditate.  This is where it had to be.. this will be his sanctuary, and where he will take on the beast himself.

Slowly his world faded as Arashi entered his own mind, his own soul, and in the dark hall that led to the gate holding back the 8-tails.  Unlike earlier, he couldn't afford to be anything less than confident, and he walked up slowly, a hand on his hip as he stopped a foot from the door.

"It doesn't matter?  We've been at this game for a while now.  How many times have you gotten the upper hand.  Once?  Twice maybe?  I looked it up, Gyuki.  You're afraid.  You don't know me.. but you do know of my family.  And the power that we wield.  Our chakras are very compatible, right?  Nature versus nature.  The man that became the very clouds themselves and founded an entire clan."

Gyuki was silent, dead silent.. but then slammed against the cage. "YOU POMPOUS PILE OF SHIT!  YOU DARE THING YOU CAN CONTROL MY POWER?  CONTROL ME?  YOU THINK YOU CAN OVERPOWER THE EIGHT-TAILED BEAST?!  YOU CAN'T EVEN DREAM OF TAKING MY POWER!"

Arashi stayed silent, not giving into the emotion produced from the beast inside him.  Gyuki... or rather, not Gyuki, was trying to bait him, like he did so many others.

"No.  You're right.  I can't take it.  But I don't want to take it.  I'm not like the others, I don't crave power.  I only wish to protect others." he stated calmly, reaching his hand out.  He was unsure of how to do this, but he had to find some way to quell the beast.

The hachibi stopped for a second, and a smile formed on his face.  "You are strong in sealing, little one.. but naive.  You can't control the tailed-beasts without touching our chakra.  You betray your own weakness Tekiatsu.  You'd be best keeping this gate shut.  But if you don't believe me.. try it.  I dare you."

The young man held firm, but nodded.  "I won't take it by force, but if we can come to an agreement, I'm sure we can work something out." he said, waving his hand as a single bar on the gate dissolved into clouds.  Gyuki pushed a tailed through, testing the opening.  The look of malice was painted all over his face, followed by a small smile.

"Sure... let's work this out."

Suddenly and without any kind of warning, the gate burst open as Gyuki surged through the opening Arashi gave.  Outside the medititating ninja shot backwards, dragging across the surface of the lake, as dark blue chakra started to become visible around him.  Arashi shot his eyes open and picked himself up, struggling as this new chakra was literally bubbling all over him.

YOU ARE A FOOL.... THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT... THIS IS WHAY YOU DESERVE...

The ninja fell back to his knees, his hands holding his torso up while he started shaking.  From his back, the bubbling chakra began to stretch, forming the first tail as the beast tried to exert control.  His shirt began untucked, revealing the seal on his stomach missing a piece, and starting to fragment all around.

Inside his own mind, Arashi held himself as he was pushed back by the literal surge of chakra and tails, while Gyuki pushed himself through to escape.  Although wretched opened, the 8-tails was not able to get his entire body out, but that wasn't necessary.  All he had to do is overwhelm the boy and take over.  Once the boy was consumed, his seal would cease to exist, and Gyuki would be free once more.

This was his mind, ninja techniques wouldn't do anything, this was all about will and strength, and as Arashi was slammed against a wall, he struggled against the tail that was now trying to smother him.  

Gyuki was laughing in the background at this sudden turn of events, and tried to force more of himself through the gate.  Arashi watched as the light faded, and he vanished from view against the onslaught of Gyuki.  Suffocated in his own mind?  Overpowered?  He could feel his own chakra being siphoned as the darkness crept up on him. Outside, he stopped shaking, and sank below the surface of the water, a suddenly denser object falling deep into the depths. In his mind, the dark hall started to fill with cold water.

Was this it?  Would this be where his story ended?  The second change at life taken by the hands of the very beast he swore to contain?  Would it be all for nothing?  Would his family finally fade with his own death?

No...

His own chakra surged as the siphon reversed, pulling his own essence back in.  He couldn't afford to die.  Not to Aki, not to Hoshi, and not to his family.  No... this was his task, his challenge.  He had a legacy to uphold, a future to provide, and a people to protect.  Light began to burst from the folds of the tentacles as Arashi was able to find his strength to match Gyuki's.  Slowly, very slowly, Gyuki's tail was forced back away from Arashi, as the boy himself glowed with a lighter blue.  The chakra of the 8-tails started to flow into the young man, as his outside body began to rise, the water bubbling around him.

WHAT?  NO! THIS... THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE!  I TESTED YOUR STRENGTH!  WHERE IS THIS WILL COMING FROM?!

Arashi finally took a step towards the gate, the tail in his grip and being forced back.  He felt the strain as the beast fought back, trying to push himself out of the cage while Arashi was pushing him back in, a game of reverse tug-o-war.  

"I had nothing to lose.  I watched my family and my village get slaughtered.  I watched my life change forever.  There was nothing left but duty and honor.  I made a vow, to protect everyone I can... and to bring back my family.  I can't let you be the end of the Tekiatsu clan!" he said, as both chakras clashed and fought against each other.  

Outside, the sheer force of the chakra was pushing the surface of the lake away from a bubble around him, and Arashi sat still, the internal fight to unlock this new potential coming to a head.  For hours this continued on, both giving ground and taking round, instead finally, Arashi dug in his heels and with a shove of chakra, Gyuki was push to the back of his cage.  

The young man brought his hands together and concentrated on the seal, repairing the damage.  The mark on his stomach fixed itself and remained whole.  He fought the beast and won, and received a prize as a result.  

I... I TOYED WITH YOU... you have not won.  Enjoy that morsel while you can, Arashi.  When you can no longer resist it and come for more... I will be ready.  And when I am, I will send you back to where you lost it all.  Besides, the only way you'll kill Youka is with me.  Oh yes.. I saw inside your heart.... you are not as innocent as you claim....

Arashi was breathing heavily and looked down at his hands.  Sure enough, there was mixed chakra there.  He... he stole some chakra for himself.  Gyuki forced his hand, and Arashi now held control of a bit of the hachibi's power.

"I'll be ready for you too, Gyuki.  But I should warn you... I saw inside yours as well."

As the crystal water settled, now that the chakra power was contained, Arashi fluttered his eyes open, and looked towards the west.. towards the sun.  The day was starting to come to an end, and he really had been at this for hours.  But, as he stood up, he felt stronger.  He felt more determined.  His Kage was a jinchurriki, and so was his mother.  And now him.  Arashi slowly crossed the lake back to the shore, where his clothes and gear still laid.  In silence, he got himself dressed, and jumped into the air, turning back once to see that the crystal lake was once again pure.  He would have to talk to the Princess, but he had plans for this place, a refuge for only those who he knew could respect and protect this hidden gem.

But that would be for another day.

END

(WC: 2322)
(Claiming first Tail Cloak, 22 AP)
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Iryōjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Hoshigakure