Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Substitute TeacherToday at 6:55 amAyato HyuugaKintsugi is hereToday at 5:39 amHanzo UchihaA new man Today at 5:37 amHanzo UchihaThe first few steps in Today at 5:36 amHanzo UchihaThe wolf and the lambToday at 5:34 amHanzo UchihaMay the gods bless the broken roadToday at 5:33 amHanzo UchihaShinji's Brazen ArrivalToday at 5:28 amHanzo UchihaMeeting under the moonToday at 4:56 amHanzo UchihaA Solemn Meeting [Junko]Today at 4:55 amHanzo UchihaLearning The RopesToday at 3:59 amAizen Chinoike
Top posting users this month
158 Posts - 22%
137 Posts - 19%
86 Posts - 12%
70 Posts - 10%
56 Posts - 8%
52 Posts - 7%
51 Posts - 7%
38 Posts - 5%
38 Posts - 5%
34 Posts - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Kasumi Hyuuga
Kasumi Hyuuga
Citizen
Stat Page : Kasumi's Stats
Remove Puppetry Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Village : Kirigakure
Ryo : 0

Thief in the Village Empty Thief in the Village

Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:49 am
Mission Details:

Yoshi finally returned to Ninja Headquarters to drop off the jutsu scroll she had borrowed. After a moment of browsing, she decided that nothing else interested her at the time and wished to go home. She had had an exciting day really just wanted to go home and take a nap. She was just about to walk out the door when the ninja clerk at the front desk piped up.

”Oi you! Yeah, you. Where do you think you're going? Get your scrawny butt back over here!” the nin shouted.

The sudden shouting caused Yumi to jump three feet in the air and caused her heart to leap even higher. Yumi turned around to with wide eyes. The sleepy feeling she was feeling just a moment ago had completely vacated her body as her heart pounded wildly in her chest. Feeling panicked, Yumi dashed back to the front desk.

”W-what is it, sir? D-did I d-do something wrong?” Yumi asked in a broken voice.

”Oh stop stuttering, I'm not that scary looking. Now then, I have a mission for you,” the clerk barked. ”You're that Yoshinaga girl, correct?”

Yumi nodded, ”Yes, I am from clan Yoshinaga. Yoshinaga, Yumi”

The clerk frowned, ”Yes, yes, I know. Humph, thought you could skip out on an assignment, did you? I think not! No one plays hooky on my watch! I have a mission for you, Yumi. And its one I think will by right down your alley - heh, quite literally, in fact.”

Yoshi sighed. Her heart rate had returned to normal and the sleepiness also seemed to have found its way back to her as well.

”What is mission, sir?” Yumi asked.

”Stop looking so glum, child! You're a ninja from Sunagakure. This is what you sign up for!”

But I didn't sign up at all, 'they' forced my parents' hands after 'they' learned I could create chakra threads... Yumi thought in rebellion.

Nothing good would become of such things if Yumi raised her voice. The ninja sitting at the front desk probably knew nothing on the matter. And Yumi wasn't really all that angry. She was meeting new friends that she wouldn't have had the chance to meet if they hadn't persuaded her parents to let her join the academy. Her status as a ninja gave her unlimited access to materials to create wonderful puppets. Yumi just hated the fact that she would be constantly called upon to preform various tasks – even if she was tired. Yumi decided to listen to the nin's rant.

”Some of your clansmen have filed complaints that someone has stolen their belongings. You're task is to find the thief or thieves and capture them. Understood?”

”Do you have any manacles or rope I could barrow? If I catch them, I'll need a way to bring them back. Also, do you have an item list that gives a detailed description of what was stolen?”

”Ah, let me get some for you,” the clerk got up from his desk and exited the room to fetch the items requested form one of the back rooms. ”Here you go, two pairs of Manacles and a length of rope. Please return them when you're finished. As for a list, here you go.”

Yumi nodded and reached for the requested items and left the headquarters. It was time to find a thief. But before any thief nabbing could take place, Yumi realized she the iron shackles were too heavy and awkward to carry. Yumi unwrapped her large scroll and placed both the rope and the pair of manacles upon the scroll. After willing them in, they disappeared in a puff of smoke. Yumi wrapped her scroll back up and slung it back onto her shoulders. She then pulled out the list to see what sort of items were stolen. After yawning, Yumi was ready to catch a bad guy.

No rest for a ninja, I guess. Yoshi thought as she yawned again. I really could have used that nap. Instead I'm off to catch a thief. My fellow clansmen could have given me a better description of who this person I'm suppose to catch, though. They didn't even know if it was one thief or multiple thieves. How do you miss that detail? Bunch of block-heads! Okay what was stolen?

Yoshi looked down at the list and read it several times. One family reported that an entire rack of earrings were stolen. A different jeweler reported that several necklaces went missing the same day. Someone else reported that his money box had been nicked. A blacksmith reported that several ceremonial blades were stolen. Each blade seemed to have precious stones inlayed into the pommel. Each item seemed to be made from a precious metal. Each seemed to contain a precious gem. That was when it hit her.

Even if the artisan was no go at his or her trade, these items still had a base value. Each item, minus the money box – which is ryo already, could be melted down and sold for ryo. The gems could be sold separately and traded for ryo. The thief wants money – lots of it, and is desperate enough to steal it from those who have it. Even if I don't know who to look for, I can transform myself into some who looks like they have a lot of money and wait. I'll transform into someone who has so much money, that I'll be impossible to pass up. I'll transform myself into someone who has a heavy coin purse, and someone who has many rings on her fingers. They will come to me! Yumi thought as she tucked the list back onto her person.

”Transformation jutsu!” the young girl stated as her hands were together preforming hand seals.

In a puff of smoke, Yumi transformed herself into a older woman. She wore a fancy silk kamono which featured dragons and wore many gem-encrusted rings upon her fingers. Her hair was done up with decorative chopsticks which had dragons curling around their shafts. She also carried a coin purse that jingled every time she took a step. Around her neck she wore a necklaces that matched her rings. Upon her wrists she wore golden cuffs which also featured carved dragons. Yumi guessed she was wearing several thousands of ryo worth of clothing and jewelry. It was now time to see the thief would spring her trap.

The transformed ninja slowly strolled into the market district. It was bustling with all sorts of people – a perfect place for a robber or group of robbers to snatch someone's wares. People were bumping into each other all the time and with everyone trying to talk over each other, it would hard to pinpoint an exact sound.

I better try to stay out in the open. I must make it look casual and not at all on purpose, Yumi thought as she bit her lip.

Yoshi walked past the jeweler who had been robbed. His selection was modest and his eyes were weary, but Yoshi was surprised to find his work did not fail to impress. Yoshi noticed the dots on his hads. He was apart of the clan, and had the shokunin bloodline. She then wondered if the man recognized her. Would he see through her disguise or does he see lavish woman who stood before him? Yoshi could not ask such questions; if such questions were announced, and the thief was present, it may tip the thief off to lay low for a while.

I must play the part. I am a rich business woman, or noble. But what would I desire to buy? Perhaps a painting. Yes, a self portrait, that will do, Yumi thought as she stared at the jeweler's wares. Don't worry, sir. I am honored to be working this mission. I will find our thief and bring back your stolen goods. No one messes with the Yoshinaga clan and gets away with it!

Yoshi smiled at her fellow clansman and moved on. She then set off to find a painter. She found one several stalls down. His paintings were placed on easels, while others where laying flat on the table which stood under a tent. The painter was a younger man, much younger than the jeweler. Yoshi did not recognize him. He was not apart of the Yoshinaga clan. Still, his display pieces were fabulously done. They were all oil on canvas – an art medium Yoshi was well versed in. She recognized the elegant brushwork. Clearly this was a talented man. Yoshi took a moment to look at each painting for sale. He could paint landscapes, still-lifes, architecture scenes, and portraits.

”Good afternoon, sir!” Yoshi began with a cheeky swagger.

The painter bowed, ”A fine afternoon indeed, ma'am. I noticed you've been looking at my work. Do you see anything that you like?”

The transformed ninja smiled, ”Your skills with the brush are most excellent. I particularly like your painting of the daisies. They're so life-like. I just want to reach out and smell them.”

”Oh yes, that one is quite nice, isn't it? I would happily sell it to you for five thousand ryo,” encouraged the painter.

Yoshi smiled and quickly glanced around. It was like a play. And out of the corner of her eyes, Yoshi could see that she was attracting a small crowd.

Good. Let them see. Perhaps our thief is amoungst them, Yoshi thought as she turned back to the painter.

”Actually I was wondering. Do you do requests?”

”of course, ma'am. Most certainly. What did you have in mind?”

”Well, at my estate, one of my servants was cleaning some pictures in the gallery and accidentally knocked them over. The pictures were ruined, of course, and now there is a dreadfully bare patch of wall. I have since sacked my servant responsible, but the bare spot remains.”

”What sort of picture were you thinking, ma'am? And how large?”

”I was hoping you could paint a self portrait of my pet and myself sitting on our porch overlooking our estate. My poodle's name is Furfrou, and he just loves looking at himself in a mirror. I know he would be thrilled if he saw a painting of him. The bare spot is quite large. Could you paint a painting on canvas that is two meters wide by four meters long?”

The painter's eyes widened, ”I … I … of course I could! And how is my lady going to pay for this?”

”I can pay you with ryo and in full when the painting is done. I'll have someone send for you when my Furfrou is ready! Oh, he is going to be ever so delighted!”

The painter bowed while Yoshi smiled and nodded. By then, Yoshi had gathered a sizable crowed. They parted for the young ninja as she walked passed. It was like they had never seen a noblewoman before. Some of them nodded their heads in respect, others fully bowed at her presence. Yoshi found her way out of the market district when suddenly Yoshi felt her wrist being grabbed. Yoshi spun around to see who it was. It was just a young boy, but his hands were grabbing onto one of Yoshi's transformed golden bracelets. But when the boy tried to take it off the young ninja's arm it disappeared in a puff of smoke instead. There was no point in keeping up the jutsu, so Yoshi released it. When the smoke dissipated, the boy was staring at Yoshi's forehead protector which hung around her neck. The boy quickly let go of Yoshi's arm and scampered off.

”Huh? Hey! Come back!”

Yumi quickly ran after the kid. He was fast for his age, but Yumi's legs were slightly longer. Yumi noticed the boy looking over his shoulders. He knew he was being followed. Instead of running down the main street, the boy ducked into an alley way. He was smart. Perhaps he had evaded capture before – using sudden directional changes to through his pursuers off his trail. But Yumi's senses were growing. Yumi was able to keep up the pressure until the boy made a wrong turn which landed him down a dead end alleyway. The boy slowly turned around and stared miserably at Yumi. As Yumi got closer, she could her him start to cry.

He's just a kid, Yoshi thought as she paused to size up the boy.

”S-stand back, I-I'll f-fight you,” the boy warned pulling out a kunai.

”There's no need for that. I'm much stronger than you and I came with a friends,” Yoshi told the boy as she placed her hands together.

Yoshi then preformed the clone jutsu and in a puff of smoke, two copies of the young ninja appeared on either side of her. Panic was plastered on the boy's face as he took a step back. But there was nowhere else for him to run, unless he were a ninja himself who preform the surface walking jutsu, but Yoshi did not think this was the case. And she was correct. The boy was just a boy. A very dexterous and opportunistic boy, but a boy all the same.

”We don't want to hurt you,” Yoshi assured the kid for a second time as she and her copies advanced on his position. ”Please drop the kunai. What is your name, lad?”

”M-my n-name is Toru,” the boy squeaked.

”Toru, you can't just go around and snatching people's things. Have you been the one who's been stealing all the artisan's things?”

The boy sniffed and nodded.

”They worked very hard to make those things. Its wonderful that you like them, but they took time to make said things and money does not grow on trees.”

But I need it.”

”We all need money, Toru. That is why I am on this mission – to catch the thief in the village. And should I succeed, I'll get to claim a reward.”

”My mother is very sick. We don't have any money to make her better,” Toru told Yoshi as he sank his head very low dropping the kunai.

”Toru....”

That's really sad, Yumi thought as she knelt beside him picking up the kunai and placing it in her weapons pouch.

Yumi then gave the young boy a hug. Toru could not keep up the 'tough guy' act any longer and began to cry.

”There, there. Its okay. I wouldn't want to loose my mommy either. Look, you're going to come with me, and I'll see what I can do about your mother, okay?”

The boy sniffed, ”Okay.”

”You're going to come with me, but I want to hold your hand. I don't want you running off on me again. Don't be scared, and I promise we'll get your mom feeling better.”

The boy nodded and held out his hand. Yoshi's duplicates waved goodbye before they disappeared in a puff of smoke. Together Toru and Yoshi headed back towards the ninja headquarters. The boy kept silent for the entire trip leaving Yoshi to wonder what what sort of terrible situations the boy was put through. Many questions filled the young ninja's innocent mind. When the two of them stepped into the headquarters, the ninja clerk looked up.

”I told you to catch a thief, that does not involve playing with other kids!” the clerk grumbled.

”This is the thief.”

The clerk raised an eyebrow, ”And I'm the Lord Kazekoge!”

But after a moment of disbelief the clerk sighed and waved one of his assistants to take the kid away.

”Sir, his name is Toru. He relieved to me that his mother is very sick and does not have enough money for a doctor to cure her. I'm sure he'll return everything that was stolen. But is there anything we can do?”

"We will see. I will inform the Higher Ups. You have done well, Yumi. Here is your reward.”

After receiving her reward, Yumi slowly walked home feeling completely drained. She was already tired, but now she was mentally exhausted. Being a ninja was tough and it was becoming clear that it wasn't always going to be black and white. Yumi wondered if she had done the right thing.

(Exit)
(WC = 2715, claiming Thief In the Village, +1000 yro, +3 bonus AP)
Risako Akara
Risako Akara
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 47750

Thief in the Village Empty Re: Thief in the Village

Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:52 pm
Lol no this is denied. :

April fools. Trial approved.
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Iryōjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 223500

Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:01 pm

Approved, dont forget to link your mission to Suna village funds <3
Kasumi Hyuuga
Kasumi Hyuuga
Citizen
Stat Page : Kasumi's Stats
Remove Puppetry Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Village : Kirigakure
Ryo : 0

Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:02 pm
@Ris, thanks a lot, you really had me worried for a moment! XD

@Aki, could you please pm or post a link of the funds page.  Will have to link my other mission as well.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum